Clubhotel Riu Negril

Clubhotel Riu Negril Rates and Deals

Clubhotel Riu Negril Reviews

flyingherron flyinghe…
Decent enough Nov 13, 2009
Booked through a travel agent for a friends wedding I had no say in where we stayed but after booking I checked review sites and saw mixed reviews and I would say that is accurate. Checkin was efficient and bags were brought to my room quickly (no elevators). I got a room in the first building nearest the action which was great for me though I did not have an ocean view. You get an in room liquor cabinet with 4 liquors that are supposed to be restocked every 2 days though I didn't drink enough of them to find out. There is also a decent sized fridge with beer, water, mixers and I can say the water was replenished. There were two beds pushed together for whatever reason they don't have actual king size beds in the resort. The tv was tiny but did have international stations. Small table and two chairs also in living area. There was NO INTERNET in the room however it was free in lobby. The in-room safe was so tiny I had to remove the shelf and wedge my 12inch laptop inside. The safe is old style with an actual key and I suspect they have been copied by hotel staff since my friends lost money and iphone from theirs without any sign of entry and I heard from other tourist they were also robbed so don't trust the safe. The bathroom while roomy wasn't anything special, two sinks and a standard tub.

You can check their official website for all the resorts features which were pretty much as described though the ping pong tables on the beach had no nets and no balls so useless.

If you read other reviews you'll see people complain about bugs on the beach which I noticed as well but you'll always have bugs if you are outside, mostly sand flies and tiny gnats I think. In the ocean there are jelly fish, stingrays, and urchins to be aware of. By the bars honeybee's tend to congregate but they are harmless and don't really bother you, my friend actually tried to kill one while drunk and got stung but said it didn't hurt. My bed sheets always seemed clean and never had much trouble with bugs in the room though did see one roach in the shower, it's a tropical location so not surprising. At night there is an abundance of wild cats but they are timid and never bothered anyone that I saw. All the locals and workers will ask if you 'smoke' (code for want some illegal weed) but they aren't pushy if you say no it's "no problem, mon". You will smell weed being smoked but I never saw it overtly used. My air conditioner worked 24/7 unless you opened the balcony door which turned it off, I suspect complainers are just morons and didn't read the signs posted on the aircon controls. Food and entertainment was good enough but after a week I was ready to leave. At least one bar was open until 2am and then you had to use your in-room booze but drinks were always strong and bartenders quick and very good. I needed to see a doctor for a skin infection and the on-duty nurse called and he came, examined and prescribed antibiotic which was delivered all within a few hours, 120$ for doctor and 20$ for the medication, not bad for never leaving the resort.

Major complaints:

-Lack of security, I wandered all over at night and never saw anyone even front desk was deserted, no cameras anywhere either and I found the electrical junction for the entire building in a room that wasn't even able to be locked! So basically you rely on your room door lock which I'm going to assume was copied and is not secure. I wouldn't take any money or valuable articles because there is NO way to secure them unless you bring your own lock and secure it to something immovable.

-Noise, hallways are marble or similar and room doors are heavy so in the morning people would get up early and the noise would wake me everyday, plus maids in the halls made a racket early too. Not very relaxing if you want to try and sleep in after a late night out!
swim up pool bar

Clubhotel Riu Negril Overview

This Negril hotel is located on the beach and is only a short distance from many popular sites. When staying at the Clubhotel Riu Negril, guests will be able to find a host of restaurants and shops in the area, as well as bars and clubs where they can experience the nightlife. Guests can walk to many popular sites, and others are only a short drive from the Clubhotel Riu Negril. They will be able to reach the airport with the help of a rental car or public transportation.

The hotel offers 420 rooms. The rooms at the Clubhotel Riu Negril include amenities such as bathrooms, hairdryers, phones, air conditioning, satellite TV, mini bars, and a balcony or terrace.

The hotel offers onsite dining options that serve a variety of cuisine. Those who are staying at the Clubhotel Riu Negril will find that the hotel also offers a lobby bar, a lounge bar, a nightclub, and swimming pools. They will be able to work out in the gym and relax in the sauna.

Clubhotel Riu Amenities

• Windsurfing
  • Nightclubs
  • Water Activities
  • Volleyball
  • Tennis Courts (outdoor)
  • Beach Soccer and Volleyball
  • Jacuzzi
  • Steam Room
  • Massage
  • Spa & Wellness Centre
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Towels