Club bar at Hotel Phoenicia

The Mall, Valletta, Malta

Club bar at Hotel Phoenicia Valletta Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Killer drinks and a great place to get away from things Dec 03, 2011
I was staying at the magnificent Hotel Phoenicia next to the central bus station at the central gate to Valletta’s old town. I had been out walking in the old city and a good meal at King’s Own and returned at the hotel around 11 pm. The hotel was packed with people all participating in a wedding. The wedding was taking all space in the lounge area and I therefore went to the reception to ask if the bar was open. They said yes so I went looking for it amongst all the people all dressed up in long dresses and suits.

I finally found the Club bar and it was a quiet haven in the corner of the hotel. I found a table where I could overlook the place and the action going on outside. I ordered a beer and said to the waiter that it must be a huge wedding. I am a bit astonished of he answer because it turned out that a huge wedding was with 1500 participants. The wedding I observed had 700 guests, therefore it was only a big one, and an average at the hotel had around 400 guests.

There were almost no guests in bar so I talked to the bartenders and it turned out that the head barman just had gotten a runners up price at a world wide drink contest in London. Well with a champ behind the bar I naturally asked him to show some skills. After having tasted some great proofs of his skills I left a bit tipsy a couple of hours later.

The Club bar was a really classy, old fashion and cozy bar. There were loads of nice things to look at and it was also comfortable to sit in the sofas.
Champagne and Cassis eggs !
The making of a drink