Club Tara Resort Socorro (Surigao del Norte)

Average rate: $183 - Hotel class: 5 stars
Dona Helen, Socorro, Philippines

Check Socorro Hotel Deals

Club Tara Resort Socorro (Surigao del Norte) Reviews

TravellinChic Travelli…
Resort for Romance May 01, 2011
I have seen pictures of this from internet and was very impressed. The water cottage is something I like a lot and this has that feature. Also, each water cottage has a jacuzzi! How cool is that? :)

I booked this through contacting the owner with facebook profile of Marsi Kang on facebook. Considering that it's not yet peak season when I planned to go there, he didnt required us a deposit and even gave us a discount which I may not be allowed to divulge :P The regular rate for the water cottage should be P12000 but for that off peak it was only going less than P8k/night less further discount ;)

Considering the location, food need to be brought from the city center and bought in advance so we tried to coordinate that. Also, electricity is quite limited there but Club Tara has a generator so there's comfort :)

Upon arriving at the place, we're already quite impressed. The scenery of the hotel is as impressive if not more of the pictures. We parked first at the dining area to check in and the place tho need a bit more upkeep still has the charm and good ambiance of a classy resort. We were later on brought to our room and upon coming in, was really impressed. It has the balinese style in a classy side and the use of natural materials, wood, bamboo, stones etc were made in a very good taste. I admire the decorator of the room. It's just simply nice :)

The tour of the bathroom was equally nice impressive as well. They used loose stones on the floor and some wood for the steps. Of course, it's very ncie to see the jacuzzi! :) They have the nice small touches of nice pair of bathrobes, havaiana slippers, raincoat, etc.

The bed is really nice. :) The look and the feel is splendid :)

The chef is very good. Even when he makes a complete vegetarian meal, it will still turn out to be delicious. I'm greatly impressed with his skill but not of his lack of industriousness. There was a time when we asked for a breakfast on a certain schedule and he was still sleeping even after that time and even after I already reminded a staff to tell him we'll be having the breakfast at that specific time. That was a huge disappointment. I'm very strict with service.

We were fortunately the only guest at that time so it feels very special :) However, it might also be the reason why the chef doesnt have to be up early :P

The location is very good. This is in the midst of Bucas Grande and bec the resort has kayaks for guests to use, the guests could even choose to just kayak on their own. We had a guide and my impression is that it is needed as a rule of the place but I guess, you could still kayak by yourself maybe even just around the resort area. This is like a miniature palawan with all the islets around.

Best time should be summer bec there should be stingless jellyfish here which I only got to see one...in summer there should be hundreds of them and you'll be swarmed which is cool :)

Highly recommended! :)
TravellinChic says:
Thank you guys!!! :)
Posted on: May 02, 2011
vulindlela says:
Congrats!!!
Posted on: May 02, 2011

Club Tara Resort Socorro (Surigao del Norte) Overview

The Club Tara Resort Socorro is situated in the centre of Socorro, and is known for its comfort and service. The resort offers an outdoor pool and a private beach as well as a beauty centre, a bbq/picnic area and meeting rooms.

The resort's garden offers tranquillity and peace to sit and relax. Guests of the resort can relax in the jacuzzi or schedule a massage treatment. Take advantage of the resort's express check-in/check-out facility which minimises the usual hassles, leaving you with more time to enjoy your trip. The resort's front desk staff are available to assist you with any additional requirements you may have.

Club Tara Resort Amenities