Club Med Turkoise

Providenciales, Turks and Caicos

Club Med Turkoise Providenciales Reviews

Octravelguy77 Octravel…
Great Getaway Destination Jun 30, 2011
Just got back from a week at the resort and had an absolute blast. ClubMed is well run, well organized and makes every attempt to provide a fun, entertaining experience for its guests and members. Transportation is provided to and from the airport for $15. They even have every outgoing flight logged in so they can arrange for you departure when heading out.

Like the other reviews have mentioned, this is not your 5 star resort, luxury accommodations, or fine dining place BUT its not meant to be. It's an "all inclusive" resort where the GO's (gracious organizers) go out of their way to make you, the GM's (gracious members) feel welcome whether by showing you around, chit chatting or partying with you. Hop on the dance floor and participate in "Crazy Signs" the communal dance led by the GOs at varying times during the day and evening. The dance steps for each song are standard across the organisation with some new ones introduced each year. The evening shows, often requiring detailed choreography, are also standardized and include both new and established routines. Whether you travel with friends or go alone, you're bound to meet people and meet them quickly. It's up to you how outgoing or social you want to be but it's an atmosphere geared towards being friendly and simply having a good time while on vacation. Personally, I was there with 4 others but we would often meet single travelers or even groups. If you're there long enough, you start to recognize the same faces of fellow travelers as well as the GO's.

Included in their "all inclusive" is everything from meals to drinks (not top shelf ie Patron, even Jack Daniels). They serve a couple local beers on tap, a lager and a amber. They'll make every frozen, blended drink you can think of yet if you're a drinker, you should probably ask for a double. Make friends with the bartenders and they'll keep pouring away otherwise, it might take awhile to get there. We missed our orientation and partied the first few days away before figuring out what the place had to offer. Free activities include local snorkeling, sailing, trapeze, and much more. For the more advanced diver or snorkeler, they partner with a company called Big Blue (office right across from reception). We did a snorkel tour called Edge of the Banks and it was absolutely stunning. They also provide tours such as the Eco Kayak tour or one that combines seeing the local life such as seeing a conch farm, bat cave, and even eating a home cooked meal with a native islander.

As great as the resort is, I think its well worthwhile to get out and explore a bit. Taxi's are absolutely brutal so you're better off renting a car from reception. A rental will run you anywhere from $40-70 a day and they'll bring right to the front of the club. The local cab drivers don't have meters and they generally will make up any price they think you'll pay. Not worth it.

All in all, it's a fun experience but its what you make of it. Even if you're not a social butterfly, the beach alone is worth the trip. Some of the bluest and clearest waters you'll ever see.
JohhnR JohhnR
Almost like your own piece of island May 01, 2011
I highly recommend the Club Med in the Turks & Caicos. I recently went with 4 friends of mine on a great internet deal that was more than half off regular price. The staff greeted us upon arrival with cocktails and gave us a brief tour of the property. The property was quaint and easy to navigate. The rooms were always clean, had flat screen tv's & very decent showers. The staff was super friendly and very helpful. The clientele was very French as was a lot of the cuisine in the main restaraunt which was fine. The Beachside grill "Sharkys" is great to get a quick burger, wrap, or hotdog & fries etc. with your fave cocktail. Just walk up from the beach grab & go. There are tons of the usual water activities available if you are into that. I have traveled to many beaches all over the world but, the water here is probably the clearest and bluest ever! In the evenings they have DJ's spinning and different theme nights for the nightly parties they have.The staff even gets to party with you. All in all this is a definite stop if you go to the T & C.
CiaoChica CiaoChica
Loads of Fun Apr 25, 2011
I had such a great time at this resort! The staff made it fabulous! I traveled solo and made instant friends! The activities (Sailing, snorkeling, trapeze) were fantastic - especially with such knowledgeable GO's. The rooms definitely need updating - but for what you pay for - this is a bargain spot! Well worth it!
dcohensf dcohensf
Good times Apr 07, 2011
If you enjoy sports, meeting fun people and you really like a beautiful beach then Turquoise is a great place to go. It's not a high end resort but makes up for it all in great people. You get what you put into a ClubMed vacation. The GO's that work there are great, the diving is fantastic and overall you leave with lots of new friends.
GFglobetrotter GFglobet…
Club Med Turkoise for Solo Traveler Sep 22, 2010
I went to Club Med Turkoise in Providenciales, Turks and Caicos in January 2010 as a solo traveler for a long weekend.

Upon arrival at the resort, I was pleasantly greeted by the staff and was walked to my room and given the rundown of the resort logistics along the way. The grounds were clean and the views of the beach were amazing. Turks has the bluest water I have ever seen in my life.

I thought the room was pleasant enough for the limited amount of time I was planning on spending in there (shower/sleeping). You can walk the entire length of the resort in about 5-7 minutes either on the path or on the beach. The D and E houses are right near Sharkie’s (the bar/grill), the sailing shack and close enough to the circus and tennis courts. A and B housing is closer to the scuba shack and basketball courts. The room was cleaned every day which was especially important since the floors got really sandy. Also, they tell you not to leave your beach towels on your bed to avoid bringing in any sand bugs.

I took advantage of many of the all-inclusive activities including Zumba classes, sailing, snorkeling, kayaking, and the circus. The snorkeling trip was a pleasant included surprise. We were out for about 2 hours on a boat that leaves right from the resort. There was no extra fee for this trip. I did one kayaking excursion through Big Blue who conveniently have an office located across from the reception desk at Turkoise. Make sure to ask if there are any specials because I got a $20 discount on the kayak eco tour for the day I wanted to go. They pick you up right at the resort and take you back and forth to the marina. Very convenient. Club Meds usually post daily schedules so you can pick and choose the activities you want to participate in. It made me think of sleepaway camp for adults. There really is a lot to do.

Since I was traveling alone to the resort, I was a bit nervous I would be isolated but the friendly staff put me at ease. I was usually seated at dinner with other staff members or guests. Everyone was so friendly. By the second day, I felt like I knew at least 15 staff members who all greeted me on a first name basis. The circus staff was awesome. The bartenders were friendly although during some peak times (Saturday night) it would have been better to have more of them working the bar in the village square. The shows at night were cheesy but fun. They usually did some group dancing before the show, then a show with a particular theme, then open the night club. You can party hard if you want or you can head back to the room. I couldn’t hear the club music or the show from my room when I headed back early one night.

Overall, I had a great time. I highly recommend this trip for solo travelers who are on the outgoing side and willing to participate in events with strangers. By the end of your trip, you will have a bunch of new friends that are both guests and staff. I would definitely go back either solo or with friends.
The amazing beach
Me on the trapeze in the Club Med …
Providenciales Map