Club Med Resort Phuket

Check Phuket Hotel Deals

Club Med Resort Phuket Reviews

vancelyn vancelyn
A Place of it's own Oct 03, 2010
Club Med Phuket I would call it a place of it's own, situated at kata, there is nothing much nearby unless you're willing to do some walking. To get to Pa Tong, you will defnitely need a taxi to get out there.

My overall experience staying there is good as it was a paid trip by my company and we have programmes lined up for us. For those intending to stay there, do not worry as the hotel itself have many programmes which u can participate, such as archery, golf, snorkelling etc... There is also a club which of course u need fun people there to enjoy it if not it is as quiet and empty as it can be. Food there is ok they have buffet style and a number of variety for you to choose, the staff at the restaurant Other than that, there's nothing much I can say.
MayWongMC MayWongMC
Paradise on Earth Nov 29, 2009
Club Med... ahh... Paradise on earth... literally.

Was a refreshing break for me & sayang, to just chill out, relax, rekindle the sparks... tee hee. Theres not much we want to do, apart from just rest & relax. Everything we possibly want is there. Which is why its literally a paradise for us. Just wished it was a 2 week stay rather than just 3 nights.

Where do I start the story, theres just so much to tell. Although its been a month plus since, every detail is still so vivid to me. but DAMN, should have blogged about this early. Anyways, better late than never I guess.

Lets start with what Club Med is famous for. The GOs!!!

The GO(Guest Officers) there were simply superb! Friendly, energetic, charismatic, they are the ones who made the stay in the village more memorable. They made extra effort to chat with with the guest, get to know us better, made sure we are comfortable, took note of our feedbacks (we made some minor comments and they were taken care of), but most importantly they were just simply everywhere!! There werent too many of them actually, but somehow they always seem to be around. Teleportation? haahhaa.. they seemed to!

Rooms were small but very clean. Amenities sufficient, everything was fine.

Bed was comfy, housekeeping was efficient, nothing to complaint about.

Most of the time, we just bum around by the beach or pool, reading, chatting, people watching. Free flow of any drinks, juices, beer, cocktails.... obviously i went for the cocktails. Have tons of them, maybe bout 10 glasses a day... Minimum! Tried all the conventional ones, till the bartender made me his own concussions... SUPER UBER YUMMY STUFF!!!!~~!!~~!!

The stuff this bartender makes me comes in various colours... weird colours.. but all tasted really good.

My Fav. We named this 708. :)

The beach is awesome. A lil bit too strong current for my liking, but the waves were fun to play with. At 1st I was a lil afraid (being the lil coward I am), eventually, after several time Sayang coaxed me to finally enjoy the waves. It was all thumbs up after that!!

As always, loving the sunsets by the beach. The fuzzy warm feeling is just precious... makes me smile each time I look at this pic.

Activities are aplenty. One can never be bored in Club Med. Theres Yoga, Diving, snorkling, flying fox, water sports, etc.... HOWEVER.... boozing since 8am makes it rather impossible to be too active throughtout the day. :P

Decor changes every night in Club Med Village. So much effort was put in to impress us, and its amazing how creative they can be. This was local cultural night (Thai style)

And they have Asian Night, this was the Chinese Street

Performances were just amazing. The GOs transformed into entertainers at night, and each night theres a different theme that comes along with the decor, music, attire and performances. Wowza eh? And everything is transformed within 2 hrs while most guest are taking a nap or getting ready for dinner in their rooms.

Food, is always my favourite part of every holiday. They serve a variety of food, ranges from western to jap & korean to local thai. They even have a variety of dessert from various countrys. Apparently some Jap desserts are flew in from Japan and some super yummy packets of seaweed are fresh from Korea. Again, amazed at the amount of effort put in, to ensure the VVIP treatment.

Breakfast is always my special meal of the day. I love to wake up really early and enjoy being one of the 1st few people there for breakfast. Love to choose the best table around with a view of the ocean and slowly enjoy my breakfast. It could take up to almost 2 hours sometimes.... savouring every single bite while enjoying the view, chit chatting with sayang & other guest, or simple just zone out with my book. :)

I miss this so much!!!!! Jap sticky rice with loads of pickles, some sort of vege soup, salted eggs & century eggs... SUper SUper YUMMY! Argh... where can i find these here...

A memorable dish... prawn fritters in sweet sour spicy sauce...

Pigs Blood Sausages.. its actually really good!

Being me, I tried some street food as well, was pretty good! Meat on skewers. :)

We celebrated Sayangs Bday there. Ordered lovely Choc Cuppies from Buns In The Over (Sheryl Ong), took it all the way to Club Med and had it as dessert for dinner. We shared them with the GOs who so kindly sang Happy Birthday. :)

*Look t the lil kid checking us(me?) out... hahahahaha

We made some friends there, with random people from all over the world. Theres this old Jap couple who told us such lovely stories of their travels throughout Asia, and how they absolutely love Thailand. Theres also this Korean family who striked us as weirdos, and their kids ate SOOOOOOOoo much yet so small in size. THe boy was actually 11 yrs old and we thought he looked no where older than 5! Theres also some Americans, we got chummy with this dude, Luke, who came with his huge family, prob 10 of them. He was just darn glad he could have cool beer all day long in this humid weather.

All in all, it was a lovely holiday.
Gingerbr75 Gingerbr…
Mar 23, 2006
Club Med Phuket is one of the most amazing places I've ever been to. It's a family resort, with people of many different nationalities staying all in one place. The rooms are awesome--there's different versions of them, from single to connecting single, to double, to suite, they're all great. They were newly renovated because of the 2004 tsunami, so they're perfectly clean! The food is fabulous there too. Theres a huge buffet style restaurant, with chefs that cook food from all over the world. They have everything from cheeseburgers, curries, fancy meats, salad, fruit and cheese plates, mexican food, chicken nuggets, to pasta. It's amazing the array of food they have there! And the best part of the Club Med dining experience is that you get to sit at a big table with people from all over the world. At one table there will be French, Swiss, German, American, and Japanese families. It's pretty awesome. The atmosphere and ambience is unlike anywhere else. The employees, called GOs in Club Med lingo, are fabulous. They are all different nationalities like the guests, so chances are they will speak your language, as well as multiple others(some as many as 5!). They are kind, caring, and always around to help you out. It is amazing how fast the GOs become your good friends while you're there! I've made so many good friends. I have 30 friends now that I met from Club Med and I dont regret it for anything. On top of everything, the faciliites of the Club Med are fabulous. Theres a GIANT swimming pool that's in the center area and right next to the restaurant. There's tons of reclining chairs to relax in, and of course a bar right nearby that serves all the fancy drinks you could ever want. In addition, theres golf, nightclub, shows performed by the GOs at night, games and tournaments organized by the GOs, TRAPEZE(Club Med tradition), tennis, badminton, and basketball courts. And to make things even better, Club Med is right across the street from one of the most beautiful beaches in Phuket--Kata Beach. The sand is so white and the ocean is clear and warm. You will never see anything like it anywhere else(well except perhaps Bora Bora)! I would highly recommend this resort to everyone. It's about 150$ per day per person. And best of all everything is included! You just have to wear a bracelet to prove you're a guest.

Club Med Resort Phuket Overview

<br/> Clubmed installed a very beautiful Village in Kata Beach, in harmony with the wonderful landscape. Clubmed attracted many GO's from every part of the world, and the magic atmosphere of Phuket decided a large number of them and start a new "Post Club Med" life. Many of them started their own business, and two ex-stage designers, now working in Graphic Design and internet, decided to create this site to give them the opportunity to be known or to find old friends.

Check Phuket Hotel Deals