Clink78 Hostel

Clink78 Hostel Rates and Deals

Clink78 Hostel London Reviews

tombish tombish
Affordable stay in London before heading off on the Eurostar. Jul 18, 2012
Stayed in the mixed dorms for a couple of days. On arrival staff where friendly helpful despite it being very busy. The rooms where cramped with little room for baggage. One small overhead locker was provided so you could lock away your valuables(bring padlock). At night the room was hot and stuffy though it was mid summer :).

My thoughts on this hostel are best summarised bellow.

Pros

* Good value.

* Great location close to King's Cross & the Euro-star.

* Clean bathrooms

* Excellent communal facilities with bar.

* Young crowd great for socialising.

* Interesting building

Cons

* Cramped rooms with few plug sockets.

* Quite large and Very busy at times.

* No Wifi.
Isabelle_G Isabelle…
Disappointing... Aug 04, 2011
I was very disappointed by my stay at Clink Hostel in London. The area was fine, but I didn't like the hostel much.

- The 6 person female dorm was too small so we barely had space for the luggage.

- There was no separation between the bunkbeds.

- It was Easter time and already around 20°C yet there was no way we could turn the heating off in the room.

- The window was broken so we had to use the dustbin to keep it open.

- The shower room next to the dorm was out of use and there was only one shower on the lower level that was working... lots of queueing.

- The hostel was quite big so it was difficult to meet people. Also rather noisy.

The place is ok if you don't mind lots of noise and people everywhere. I was hoping for somewhere smaller and quieter.
9mariak 9mariak
Great to stay in London..." May 22, 2011
If you are coming to London and don't have much money, It's the please to stay. Is in a good location, you can find Internet, shops, transport and food just a few steps from the Hostel. The rooms are clean and in a good conditions as the same the bathrooms. And the staff are really nice, very friendly and always want to help. Also you can find friends there, as always is full of young people. Just the breakfast is poor, but I guess it's normal in every Hostel. I didn't lose anything but of course always you must to be carefully with your staff, more if you are in a room with more people.

Have a nice time in London!!!
frivolousat25 frivolou…
Affordable but crowded Apr 10, 2011
I stayed in this hostel for 6 nights, in the female dorm room. Amazing location, awesome rates, good breakfast, very close to public transportation.

bathrooms were awesomely clean. only complaints are that the beds are bundled very close together in the dorm rooms & the lighting in the rooms are pathetic.

also would be great if they could include wifi with the package.

travel shop is an amazing amenity!!
fivepointpalm fivepoin…
Clink Hostel - very low rates.. breakfast included Sep 24, 2010
This was my second time ever in a hostel.

We planned to save some money on our hotel/hostel, because we were spending over 800 bpounds for getting tattooed on that weekend.

So I was looking for some hostels on google maps.

The Clink Hostel looked pretty modern, and had a nice website.

Pros:

- Low Rates! We paid like 60 euro for 3 nights

- Lots of young and mid-ages folks. I'd never knew you could put so many people in 1 building

- Historical building. It looked like it used to be an old police station, or an old court.

- You get all you want, Wifi, Kitchen, Bar (disco at night), luggage room, sofas, Internetroom, shared and private bathrooms..

- friendly staff

- cool bar, with lots of cocktails and shots (fair prices as well)

Cons:

- the locations. there's absolutely nothing in the area, except a few pubs. You gotta walk 10 minutes to the next subway station.

- the rooms are VERY SMALL.... i mean REALLY small.

- we had a private bathroom in our private room. however the whole room and bathroom lacked some space to move around... so i decided to shower in a shared bathroom.

- no room in the morning for breakfast, everyone's rushing into the kitchen, for the breakfast..

I can't complain too much about it...once you get used to the lack of space, it will be fine.

However if you can spend like 10-20 additional dollars on a room at a hotel, go for the hotel!

if you wanna meet and socialize with other travelers around 20-28 year...go to the hostel!
Vipin Vipin
Great location May 05, 2010
A great place to stay if you are catching the Eurostar in the morning, which a lot of people seemed to be doing when I was there! Staying at this hostel will save you cab fare or a long bus ride to London Euston or King's Cross St Pancras, so it makes perfect sense to stay here if you are travelling to these stations!! The hostel has very friendly and helpful reception staff, and they are good at checking you in and out with ease. The dorm I stayed in was cramped, but tere was a locker at the base to lock your valuables away (bring your own padlock though). The beds are comfortable enough and the sheets and pillows are clean. However, the bunk beds are quite close together - although you feel secure and that you have your own space, it's hardly spacious! The bathrooms are of a decent quality, with decent shower pressure. Most importantly they are clean. The breakfast is your normal spread - we were up quite early and the guy was nice enough to make us something before we jetted off to get the Eurostar. There is a place for drinks and the internet too near reception, and the place has a sociable vibe without being too noisy. Overall, I would stay here again because it was cheap and is in a great location (esp for London Euston and King's Cross).
rachvance rachvance
May 25, 2010
Good clean hostel, Good atmosphere, Good location, a bit pricey but best hostel I've stayed at in London
lovely_lori88 lovely_l…
Pretty Decent Stay in London Mar 25, 2009
In general, most hostels in London are known to be pretty dingy and too expensive for what they’re worth, so I was quite impressed when I came across “Clink Hostel” in King's Cross.

A short 5 minute walk from King's Cross underground station, Clink is a trendy affordable backpacker’s hostel. The cost for a bed is only 13 pounds a night, which agrees well with your backpacker or new student to London’s small budget.

The hostel is located in what was once an old court house so everything tends to stick to that main theme. The dorm rooms vary in numbers but I was in a 12 person dorm. If you need more privacy, there is no need to worry as the beds have walls between them. A nice touch for a big room, now you don’t have to watch your neighbour drooling on his/her pillow.

Some facilities the hostel offers is a lounge room with a TV which is still set up exactly as the court room. It’s up to you to decide if you’re the plaintiff, defendant, or jury while watching the telly. The same set up goes for the internet room and cost to use the computer is 1 pound for half an hour. Downstairs is a very well equipped kitchen so you can cook for yourself and a bar which is open in the evenings for the party-goers.

Bathrooms are shared on each floor but very clean. From what I gathered during my 1 night stay here is that this hostel is pretty friendly and would be easy to meet other travelers. I would recommend it as a good base for anyone visiting London.
lovely_lori88 says:
no worries i'm glad to help!
Posted on: Nov 20, 2010
Aurora78 says:
Hi Lori. Thanks for the recommendation. This place sounds cool. I'll put it in my list of potentials. :) Cheers!
Posted on: Nov 19, 2010
texasbelle_80 texasbel…
Not too shabby.. a lot of history in the building itself. Sep 09, 2008
The directions to the hostel were pretty easy to follow, but the building is not well marked at all. The only way I knew I was there was because there were about 20 people outside smoking on the steps. The staff was soooo friendly and helpful. I was on the top floor which was sort of a pain in the ass to climb the stairs. There was a lift but it was slow and sometimes didn't work at all. Don't bother with breakfast in the morning, especially if you're an American...yuck. There was a great little pub a block away called The Lions Head. But beware, it is a gay pub.

Also a cool little side note, my cab driver told me that the building was once a jail and was in fact the place the Rolling Stones were taken to when they were arrested after a concert in London.

Clink78 Hostel Amenities

• Excursions
  • Walking
  • Nightclubs
  • Facsimile
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Towels