Cliffs at Princeville

Cliffs at Princeville Rates and Deals

Cliffs at Princeville Reviews

te-quiero te-quiero
Gorgeous and hidden from the hustle and bustle! Apr 11, 2010
I stayed at the Cliffs Resort in Princeville over Easter in 2010. I didn't know what to expect before arriving but I did find myself happily surprised upon arrival.

Princeville is far from the commercialised south end of Kauai and a LONG way from the high-rises of Waikiki on Oahu. The Cliffs Resort provided a gorgeous escape from the 'typical' Hawai'ian vacation.

I wouldn't have been able to get around without a rental car as there didn't seem to be any taxis on Kauai. I was very happy not to hear any police sirens although I would suggest you bring ear plugs if you don't want to be woken by roosters every morning at 05:30. Seriously, someone should do something about those things. There is no benefit to keeping alive the roosters who were bred for fighting and spread all over the island after a hurricane.

The couch in our room was incredibly comfortable and I was impressed to see our kitchen was fully kitted-out, including a blender, full set of knives and a vegetable peeler! There were spare beach mats for borrowing outside reception. Our room also had beach towels and even spare collapsible chairs to take with us to the beach. The complimentary soap and dryer sheets for our in-room washer and dryer were a very nice touch.

The resort had a nice pool and a lookout point for whale-watching. There was a clubhouse where you could borrow books or magazines or attend one of the daily information sessions. I think their golf course was a bit over-priced so I didn't use it.

One of our neighbours was a permanent resident and played his music a bit loud but after we mentioned it to him he was very apologetic and we didn't have a problem again.

Staying at the Cliffs Resort set me up for disappointment for all the other places I went in Hawai'i. It really was lovely.

Cliffs at Princeville Overview

This 3-star resort in Princeville is centrally located. The resort offers a golf course, an outdoor pool and tennis courts as well as a concierge, a business centre and a sauna.

The Cliffs at Princeville caters for families with children offering a playground. Offering a fitness centre, a safe-deposit box and laundry facilities, the resort also has a putting green, a badminton court and a basketball court. Staff at the front desk are available to look after the needs of guests on arrival. The resort's garden is a perfect place to relax.

The rooms feature a CD player and a DVD player as well as a TV with cable / satellite channels. Equipped to ensure a comfortable stay, rooms offer a full kitchen, a coffee maker and a refrigerator. The rooms are equipped with a telephone and an iron and the resort has room service.

Hanalei Pier is within easy driving distance of the Cliffs at Princeville. The staff will be happy to help you organise tours and activities during your stay in Princeville as well as give dining suggestions. Wireless internet is available throughout the resort, ensuring you'll have no trouble staying connected during your trip.

Cliffs at Amenities

• Playground
  • Volleyball
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Jacuzzi
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower