Cliff's Edge

3626 West Sunset Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA, USA

Cliff's Edge Los Angeles Reviews

TRE69 TRE69
An Oasis in the Heart of Silvelake Apr 23, 2008
Cliff's Edge is a hidden gem of a restaurant tucked away behind a parking lot along Sunset Blvd. I have lived in Silverlake for many years and I didn't know this place existed until early this year. From Sunset Blvd, you wouldn't believe that this was a restaurant because the building is dark grey with no windows AND no sign and is located right next door to a 99 Cent Store. Past the parking lot though, is this ornate doorway that once you walk through you are transported to a serene and lush garden setting.

I have eaten here four times this year with my fellow Travbuddies as well as with family and have decided to combine my experiences into one review.

Cliff's Edge has a standard menu, which is slightly different than the on-line, as well as a daily specials menu.

Pork Tenderloin on Frisee with Horseradish Bercy Sauce - The rich flavor of the pork tenderloin was complimented very well by slightly bitter flavored frisee greens and the spicy hint of horseradish in the sauce.

Grilled Filet Mignon with Gorgonzola & Port Sauce - The filet was cooked to just barely medium rare goodness and the sauce was smooth and mellowed out the flavor of the tangy cheese topping. The spinach and potato sides were just icing.

Polenta Cake with Forest Mushrooms & Shaved Reggiano - The polenta cake was crispy on the outside and smooth and creamy on the outside...just yummy. The mushrooms added an earthy garlicky flavor that made the whole appetizer YUMMY!

Crab Ravioli - The ravioli was bursting with crab. The broth that the raviolis were wading in had a slight lemon flavor. My only gripe about the dish was that the broth was not piping hot but luke warm.

Pork Chop in Mustard Seed Sauce - The pork chop was cooked perfectly so that the meat was still tender. The mustard seed sauce added a smooth spicyness and saltiness that matched well with the fatty meat. The onions went well with the pork as well. However the potato gratin was way too rich and cheesy and heavy.

Saffron Risotto with Shrimp and Scallops - The risotto was screaming with saffron flavor...which I loved. The shrimp and scallops were just OK because they were plainly seasoned with salt and pepper.

Ricotta Lemon Cheesecake - The cheesecake was very light which is a total contrast to your garden variety cheesecakes. The hint of lemon was delightful.

Tiramisu - The tiramisu was good but not fabulous. I did like how it was served though so I could see the layers of ladyfingers and mascarpone cream.

Poached Pear with Pomegranate Sauce and Mascarpone Ice Cream - The pear had a smooth texture. The mascarpone ice cream was slightly sweet and slightly tart and paired well with the poached pear. I don't remember the sauce.

Panna Cotta A Caramello - The panna cotta was delicate and slightly sweet. The caramel sauce made the dessert even more spoon licking good.

Coffee Ice Cream with Caramel and Mocha Sauce with Toasted Hazelnuts - The ice cream was good and I liked how the hazelnuts heightened the flavor of the ice cream while adding a good crunch.

Creme Brulee - This was just fabulous...the brulee was not too thick and I love hearing the cracking sound when you first dig into it. The custard was dotted throughout with vanilla beans...always a big plus with me!

The service is attentive...even more so during early dinner service...but overall great.

I love the food, ambiance, and the Reisling (forgot the name and vintage) at Cliff's Edge. I will ABSOLUTELY return to try more items from their menu maybe even venture there early on a Sunday for brunch.
Pork Tenderloin on Frisee with Hor…
Grilled Filet Mignon with Gorgonzo…
Polenta Cake with Forest Mushrooms…
Crab Ravioli in Lemongrass Broth
pvtjoy pvtjoy
A Night At the Cliff's Edge May 13, 2008
Getting together with my friends of Travbuddy is like icing on the cake! Jennifer and Tracy decided to get together one night and I believe it was Tracy who suggested this place. So, as I'm trying to find this place, I got lost...she said it was next to the 99cent Store - has no sign, just a small valet parking lot, but plenty of street parking...ok...whatever - I'm still doing Valet with my "Bruiser!" I don't care if it won't fit in the lot - don't make me find parking out on the street! Rob then calls and says he's running late (or something) but all I could concentrate on was, "WTF??? I can't be f**king lost in my own town!" I finally find the place - pull up into the very small valet parking and thought - I don't care what you say, My Tahoe will fit in here! HAHAHA!!!! LOL!!!

I get there and everyone is there already...Tracy, Jenn and Rob - my peeps! Way cool!

The wine that first night at this restaurant was not that yummy - but we were learning the menu...so wait a minute! The food though was so yummy! I ate a quarter of my mac 'n cheese - it was way too much food...

Anyway, Rob enjoyed his Rib-eye, Jenn enjoyed her Ravioli and Tracy - I know she enjoyed her food - even though I can't remember for the life of me what she ordered!

If you do have a chance to get out here - the ambiance out here is great! Perfect date place - romantic, snuggley close, pillows , etc...but...make sure you order the Zin/Cab blend instead of just the Cab...it was wonderful - which we found out at a later date!

This is a place I will go again! Especially if you enjoy a cigarette with your wine - this is an outdoor restaurant! You can smoke at your table! Way cool!
A beautiful outdoor patio restaura…
Tracy and Jenn from across the tab…
me and Rob from the other side of …
my macaroni and cheese - yummy!
diegodlg says:
I love their patio. I've gone several times just to kick back with a drink. I normally skip the meal and enjoy the patio.
Posted on: May 13, 2008
mellemel8 mellemel8
DINING UNDER THE STARS Apr 30, 2008
I went here with the LA TBS and matt from UK. i only took pics of my dinner and matt's since he was sitting next to me.

there is no name of "cliff's edge" outside. it is a grey building. you would drive passed it and not know it.

when i entered it was spacious. to the left was an enormous bar and more dinning area. we were a large group. we were seated in the back open air patio.

it was a beautiful restaurant. a huge tree was in the middle of the patio. there were candles around it. it was very romantic.

the food is italian. however, ordered there special of day which was ribeye. i ordered rare like always. you can't go wrong with steak.

i would like to come back to try:

Bruschetta Ricotta,Sautéed Arugula, Ricotta and Balsamic Marinated Grapes on Toasted Bread

“Fritto Misto” with Crispy Calamari and Mixed Vegetable Tempura, Balsamic - Tarragon Mayonnaise & Marinara Sauce

Seared Ahi Tuna with Brunoise Zucchini, Sweet Pepper, Tomato & Green Olive, Roasted Potatoes

Pan Roasted Lamb Loin with Fresh Herb Jus, Roasted Potatoes & Haricot Vert
RIBEYE
MATT'S QUAIL
THE ENTRANCE
jenn79 jenn79
Wonderful Italian Food in a secret setting May 06, 2008
This place has easily become one of my favorite restaurants in Los Angeles. On Sunset around Maltman (Los Feliz area) this place has no sign and is a quiet, outdoor retreat with cushioned seats that is awfully romantic.

The food is amazing. The pasta is perfect, the steaks are flavorful and the desserts are spectacular! I highly recommend the poached pear dessert, the red velvet cake and the panacotta for dessert. Every single entree that we tried was great.
Outdoor seating area
TB gang
Matt wrapping himself in cushions

Check Los Angeles Hotel Deals