Cleland Wildlife Park

Cleland Wildlife Park Mount Lofty Summit Road Crafers SA 5152 Australia, Crafers, Australia
(61 8) 8339 2444

Cleland Wildlife Park Crafers Reviews

vix1 vix1
Beautiful Wildlife Sanctuary May 18, 2011
Not far from Mount Lofty Summit and for $17 entrance fee I went to Cleland Wildlife Park. My friend from SA told me not to go to any other wildlife parks in OZ and so I trusted her judgement.

Staff were really friendly when we arrived and I think that if I remember correctly there is some deal on entry of buying feed for the animals at a cheaper price.

Now I'll be honest I'm an animal lover, but in the UK there aren't really any animals that can kill you or do serious physical harm on your persons. After confirming with the staff that Kangaroo's can indeed balance on their tails and rip your throat out (apparently this is a rare occurrence!) I did have a certain amount of trepidation approaching one to feed (as I'm writing this review, I clearly survived) but they were clearly relaxed in their surroundings as were most of the animals, there were various species of kangaroos and wallabies, emus, lots of birds, dingos, lizards and I got to watch feeding time with the Tasmanian Devils, my favourites were the koala's and as its South Australia where its just so hot they only allow visitors to hold them when the temperature 40degrees or lower so it's more comfortable for them.

Cleland is a huge site and there is so much to see there that you wont be disappointed if you go, there is also a cafe on sight for lunch and snacks.

I was almost attacked by a bird - but that's another story!!
Koala refusing to look at the came…
1morespicy 1morespi…
Great day out. Mar 15, 2010
What surprises me about this place is the entry price. 16 AUD per adult and an extra 3 AUD for a bag of pellets to feed the animals.

It's spread over a big area but be warned, it has some steep hills so can be quite tiring if you're pushing a pram around, as I found out. In this park the kangaroos, emus and birds are free range and you can walk among them and even get close enough to feed and pet them. Watch the emus though. They peck!

There is an opportunity to hold koala bear but that costs extra. What I really like about this park is that it's never crowded. So you almost get the feeling that you've got the place to yourself.

Check Crafers Hotel Deals