Clear Springs Restaurant

Clear Springs Restaurant - From the road

Clear Springs Restaurant Tyler Reviews

andrewcsikes andrewcs…
Great Food May 04, 2012
The food was cooked perfect, the flavor was great. My 4 year old loved it and he is really picky. He had the chicken and it was nice and tender. I had the fried catfish and it was perfect as was my wife's shrimp. The atmosphere was wonderful (nice and relaxing.) The wait staff an manager were amazingly friendly. We had really good service. They were super nice to our children. Our entire family enjoyed the experience. We will be going back on our next visit to Tyler. I can not wait to try something else.
williamsworld williams…
Best Onion Rings in Texas May 19, 2009
This is a great place to sit and dine and enjoy seafood. This Tyler location is one of the five restaurants in the area. They have locations in New Braunfels, Nacogdoches, Midland and San Antonio.

This is a new design for Clear Springs, but it still has that western feel to it. It is an authenic cowboy restaurant that boasts real country cooking of catfish, shrimp, oysters, chicken fried steak. They also have a wide variety of lighter foods including salads, grilled chicken breast, catfish and shrimp.

Although seafood is a big part of the menu, steaks still rule. They have a 14oz handcut Ribeye that is seasoned just right and comes with a salad and two sides. You can't pass on the garlic mashed potatoes or the green beans. They compliment anything you order.

The claim to have the best onion rings in Texas, and I would have to give them this. I have had a many of onion rings that have left me crying on the way out, but here, I was singing. If you get nothing else, get an order of these. They are not even that bad warmed up when you take them home.

My favorite would have to be the fried shrimp. You can get a small order or a large order. For anyone who hasn't eaten a small order of anything in Texas, beware. Our small tends to be others large. You get quite a bit of food including your sides. They also have some pretty good combination plates as well. They even serve child size meals, which is really enough for a person eating a bit lighter. The menu even serves up Po'boys and burgers, so there is something there for everyone. The dessert is to die for. I love their peach cobbler, but they also have cheesecake, banana pudding and other favorites.

A good western watering hole wouln't be complete without, well, a "watering hole." The saloon sits right there. It is a nice bar with tv's and plenty of chairs to hang out with your friends. The thing I like the best about it, is that it sits off to the side and you actually go into a seperate place; away from families. Nice touch.

The dinning area, and the entire grounds, for that matter, are clean well kept and very inviting. The service is very good and quick. The restrooms are always clean, we went back and forth a couple of times to check them out.

They also have a call in, pick it up and take it where you want service. It is nice if you want a good meal to take to the park or a baseball game. I highly recommend this place.
Welcome to Clear Springs