Clawson's 1905 Restaurant

425 Front Street, Beaufort, NC, USA - (252) 728-2133
Clawson's 1905 Restaurant - Clawson's in Beaufort
Clawson's 1905 Restaurant - Clawson's in Beaufort
Clawson's 1905 Restaurant - Main dining room - though there are many more! (picture taken from their web site)
Clawson's 1905 Restaurant - The water front in Beaufort (pronounced like 'gopher' with a 'B'), near Clawson's

Clawson's 1905 Restaurant Beaufort Reviews

vances vances
Clawson's 1905 Restaurant Jun 28, 2008
Beaufort is a charming village along North Carolina’s coast, and Clawson’s is a fabulous eatery there. My wife wanted to bring us here to sample their renowned seafood bisque, and I’m here to tell you that it is sumptuous!

The restaurant began as a grocery store started by a husband and wife who emigrated from Sweden (Charles) and Ireland (Mary). An old time atmosphere is preserved by the setting and decorations, including the creaky wood plank floor. They feature a splendid menu and the Seafood Bisque truly is fantastic – the seafood is dominated by shrimp and scallops, the broth is excellent, but not so rich that you can only handle a few spoonfuls. To truly enjoy the local experience, I opted for a “dirigible” as my main course (basically a stuffed potato), and did not disappoint.

Since tomorrow was a work day and we still had to drive several hours, we didn’t sample their extensive beer selection, but this is another facet you can enjoy should you spend some time here. Another place to return as I suspect Clawson’s is but one of many gems in Beaufort!
Main dining room - though there ar…
Clawson's in Beaufort
The water front in Beaufort (prono…
Sweetski says:
Too bad getting into the USA is such a hassle nowadays. Strip searched, finger printed... Not my idea of a warm welcome. If I can ever overcome my own resistance, I'll make sure to visit Clawson's. I love a good bisque and I would be more than happy to try theirs :)
Posted on: Jun 28, 2008