Clavature Wine Bar

Via Clavature, Bologna, Italy

Clavature Wine Bar Bologna Reviews

ingridtrekki ingridtr…
Clavature - Clive T.: excellent and reasonable! Feb 26, 2017
On my third day in Bologna, while I was walking through town, my walks lead me again through the region east of Piazza Maggiore. This is where the fruit and vegetable market is, and where several bars and restaurants serve light or regular lunch. While I was looking at the menus of the several places I saw that Clive T. in Clavature (street) had what I wanted: tortellini with ricotta filling and also a vegetable starter that sounded delicious. And I was not disappointed.

As starter I did chose the “sformatino di verdure di stagione e crema di aceto balsamico” or something like a soufflé (sformatino) with season vegetables and aceto balsamic cream. Oh joy. It tasted soft and very delicious; I think it was spinach and basil inside. The creamy sauce was light and the aceto balsamic cream added to the whole delight. As main course I had the ricotta filled tortellini, again fabulous! Light but filling, and the “sauce” wasn’t a sauce but just butter and sage. Needless to say that I used bread to clean the plates :-)

The prices were very reasonable: my starter cost 8 Euro, the tortelloni 10 Euro. 0,75 l water 2 Euro, caffè doppio 3 Euro (2 x 1,50 Euro) and coperto was 2 Euro. Again, especially in context to water, caffè and coperto the prices were reasonable, compared to the restaurant Al Moro, where I ate on my first evening (with coperto being 3 Euro, caffè 4 Euro and water 3 Euro. I find the prices of Clive T. also very reasonable because this is in one of the busiest streets of Bologna when it comes to food: Via Clavature is, together with Via Pescherie Vecchie and Via degli Orefici, one of the food market streets. Via Clavature is the southernmost one, east of Piazza Maggiore, almost directly eastbound from Basilica di San Petronino.

And yes, I recommend this restaurant very highly! And I am also happy that our Momo, @MM212, also liked it when he was in Bologna.

Check Bologna Hotel Deals