Clarion Inn Gretna (Louisiana)

Average rate: $123 - Hotel class: 3 stars
100 Westbank Expressway, Gretna, LA, USA

Clarion Inn Gretna (Louisiana) Rates and Deals

Clarion Inn Gretna (Louisiana) Reviews

montecarlostar montecar…
I can't review much but this is my opinion Feb 13, 2010
I was hoping to make a more complete review about this hotel, but unfortunately I did not have the chance since I didn’t make it to sleep there. We had made the reservation through “” and I was pretty confident it had made it through since they charged my bank account. However, I was very surprised and almost shocked when we arrived in the hotel and there was no confirmation under my name. Now, this was NOT the hotel’s fault, it was completely’s fault, so I am not blaming them for that.

I also understand that it was Mardi Gras season and they didn’t have any room available, so there was nothing they could do. Their service was efficient, but not the most courteous (again, maybe because of the hectic of the event). One thing I can say about them is that they claim to be NEAR the French Quarter. They are not. They are in Gretna, across the Mississippi River from the French Quarter. If they consider this to be near the Quarter, then any hotel in New Orleans is, as simple as that. Their price is also quite expensive. You can get (during off-festival seasons) much better hotels in better zones of the city. We also had some problems finding their address with my GPS. At our first try it took us to a shanty town that looked kind of scary. We had to ask people to find where it was. As I said, the location is NOT good.

It’s a shame that I won’t be able to review the rest of the amenities of this hotel, but I don’t think I’ll give it a second chance.
Glynnes says:
Thanks for sharing.
Posted on: May 31, 2010

Clarion Inn Gretna (Louisiana) Overview

This 3-star hotel in Gretna is centrally located. The hotel offers an outdoor pool and free Wi-Fi as well as a business centre, meeting rooms and conference room(s).

The hotel's garden offers tranquillity and peace to sit down and relax. The hotel features a laundry service, a safe-deposit box and a dry cleaning service. If access is a concern, prospective guests will be glad to know the hotel provides wheelchair access for an inclusive experience. French Market, Bourbon Street and Jackson Square Park are within a 20 minute drive from the hotel.

Families can rest assured there is enough room for them to spread out in the specially designed oversized family rooms. All rooms are air conditioned and equipped with cable / satellite channels, a TV and a safe. The rooms are equipped with a coffee maker, a refrigerator and an iron and the hotel has room service.

Less than 10 minutes drive away are some great tourist attractions such as the Louisiana's Civil War Museum at Confederate Memorial Hall, Harrah's New Orleans Casino and Mardi Gras World, and conveniently there is free parking on site at the Clarion Inn Gretna should you need it. New Orleans Lakefront Airport (NEW) is a 30 minute drive from the hotel. Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, Louisiana Children's Museum and National World War II Museum are a 10 minute drive from the hotel.

Clarion Inn Amenities

• Exhibit Space
  • Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Pool Outdoor