Clarion Inn Dayton Airport

10 Rockridge Road, Englewood, OH, USA
Clarion Inn Dayton Airport - Lobby - not attractive, but functional.
Clarion Inn Dayton Airport - The beds were comfortable...not WOW, but no complaints!
Clarion Inn Dayton Airport - Ironing board included!
Clarion Inn Dayton Airport - Yeah, it really is not aesthetically pleasing...but I was amused by this time warp view in the hallway to my room.
Clarion Inn Dayton Airport - Full complement of standard amenities offered at Clarion Inn Dayton Airport.
Clarion Inn Dayton Airport - Entrance to Clarion Inn Dayton Airport.

Check Englewood Hotel Deals

Clarion Inn Dayton Airport Englewood Reviews

vances vances
Standard Stay Mar 25, 2015
Another canceled flight home, another review of a hotel near the Dayton Airport. Across the years one would think I had bankrupted the possibilities, but since this time the cancellation was due to weather and my carrier would not be picking up the tab for the night, so I got to pick. And of course I chose something new.

My selection was the Clarion Inn in Englewood, which surprisingly appends “Airport” to its name. The hotel lies six miles from the airport, nestled within a good sized town. Given the distance from the airport (and potential for non-traveling clientele), you would not immediately expect them to hang their shingle on the "airport" as the driver for their business.

But I digress. A serviceable place, everything was standard, standard, standard. That is by no means a complaint, because when you are frustrated at being denied the ability to get home, avoiding further irritations is a true plus. And my reference to standard applies to the physical amenities. My room had cable TV, fridge and the full complement of bathroom accessories (even an ironing board) and was not cramped for space.

What did make this stay enjoyable was the service. Consistent with their name, the Clarion offers free shuttles to the airport and the bus driver was a brilliant combination of friendly and professional without being too chatty (sadly, drivers who engage me in conversation usually seem to be interesting but quickly plunge into droning nightmares). After pointing out the shuttle service did not end once we arrived (they will gladly drive you to a grocery store or bar and back if it is within a couple miles) and reminding us to schedule our return shuttle for the next morning, the driver shut up and focused on delivering us.

Once landed at the Clarion, there was a bit of a queue from our busload of stranded passengers. Stefanie, the desk clerk, tackled the stressful task of checking in a bunch of unhappy campers, while simultaneously answering numerous phone calls. I found it remarkable how cheerfully she greeted each new caller and long-faced refugee from the airport. My spirits would have quickly sunk dealing with non-stop grumps.

Other plusses for the Clarion are Humpty’s, an unfortunately named bar on site that allows unfortunate travelers to order dinner (they accept vouchers from the carriers) and drown sorrows with no need of availing the courtesy shuttle service. Though I went straight to bed, I have no doubt that is an appreciated option on sub-freezing nights like this one.

So, not a destination, but if you get stuck in Dayton, the Clarion gets two thumbs up from this traveler.
Entrance to Clarion Inn Dayton Air…
Lobby - not attractive, but functi…
Yeah, it really is not aesthetical…
Ironing board included!