Clarion Hotel Royal Christiania

Biskop Gunnerusgate 3, Oslo, Norway

Clarion Hotel Royal Christiania Rates and Deals

Clarion Hotel Royal Christiania Oslo Reviews

tvillingmarit tvilling…
Five star hotel in the heart of Oslo, sorry to say the service is not up to five stars Jun 06, 2008
My band choosed to stay at a hotel in the heart of Oslo when we visited Oslo in June this year.

This is a five star hotel, and the hotel is situated only 100 meters from the Central Station, airport train and airport shuttle. It is close to Oslo's finest shopping, sightseeing and entertainment.

After a hot 7 hour bus tour from Trondheim we were happy to finally reach Oslo and our hotel, longing for a shower before our concert at Youngstorget. Unfortunately the crew at the hotel wasn’t prepared for our arrival. Time for our arrival was 03 PM and our rooms were not ready.

As our concert at Youngstorget started at 04 PM we were in a hurry to get showered and change our clothes. Five star hotel and they can’t manage to have our room ready by our arrival, some of us were rather pissed.

We had to skip the shower and change clothes in the SPA centre, not to miss our concert. Our suitcases and instrument cases were stuffed in a room the staff let us use.

After the concert in 30 Celsius we were boiled and longed for a shower, hoping our rooms were ready for us. I`m usually a very patient women, but arriving the hotel at 05 PM, getting the message; “Your room is not ready for you”; I felt my green eyes turning black (as they did at Schiphol half year ago). Looking the receptionist in her eyes I answered “OK if our rooms are not ready you can forget us paying the bill”. Oh my, I got my room after one minute, but some of my friends had to wait for one hour. Most of them had a free night at the hotel.

We gave a concert at the hotel the day after, I have to say a good concert, the audience loved it, the staff to LOL.

The hotel has a well appointed recreation centre inclusive pool, sauna, fitness centre and possibility for all kind of treatments for face and body. We didn`t have the time to visit this facilities.

We enjoyed breakfast, in the large spacious Atrium in the heart of the hotel. A very nice breakfast by the way.

We had a great meal at Saturday evening in one of the resturants.

This is a very nice hotel in spit our experiences. But if I ever need a hotel in Oslo again, it will not bee this one.
Hotel Atrium
Nice way to finish the meal
My saxophone "Hebbe", mostly I lov…
Sunflower300 says:
I hear you sister! I'm exactly the same. :)
Posted on: Jul 06, 2008
tvillingmarit says:
Thanks for your comments Elke and Silvia. Service is very important for me, I give service in my proffesion and I expect people working with tourist to give great service, and if they don`t....... grrrrrrrrrr My eyes turns black LOL
Posted on: Jul 06, 2008
Sunflower300 says:
Ok, note to self, don't stay here.
Thanks for the great review Marit. I like your way of handling things. :) You go girl!
Posted on: Jul 05, 2008

Clarion Hotel Royal Christiania Overview

The Royal Christiania Clarion is located not far from numerous attractions. The Parliament Building is located within walking distance of the hotel. Other nearby attractions includes the Royal Castle, Oslo Harbour and Opera House. There are also many restaurants, cafes and bars located not far from the hotel. In addition, there are many shops in the area. Oslo Central Station is only 100 meters from the Clarion Hotel Royal Christiania. The bus stop is only 300 meters away. The airport is located within a short drive of the hotel. There is also a garage at the hotel for the convenience of guests with their own transportation.

There are 508 guestrooms at this hotel, each of which features hair dryers, work desks, in-house movies, air conditioning, radios, private baths, televisions, telephones and clocks.

Amenities available at the hotel include 24 hour room service, shops, laundry/dry cleaning services, bar/pub, meeting facilities, safety deposit boxes and reception area. The hotel also offers an indoor pool, massage services, gym, spa and sauna. The hotel offers breakfast each day.

Clarion Hotel Royal Christiania Amenities

• Salon
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Steam Bath
  • Beauty Salon
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower