Clarion Hotel Hirschen

Clarion Hotel Hirschen Rates and Deals

Clarion Hotel Hirschen Freiburg im Breisgau Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Great hotel but a bit far away from the famous old inner city Aug 03, 2011
I arrived in Freiburg just around 8 pm in the evening and the long rainy drive in the German and Austrian mountains had been great. I had originally thought about stopping in Konstanz but the weather had gotten much better so I decided to drive a bit further towards Paris that was my goal for the following day.

I stopped in the city and I realized that it had been a long day in the car so I was in for a calm night. There was therefore no need for me to find a hotel in the old part of town although there was some good offers when I searched on www.booking.com for a place to stay.

After going back and forth between a couple hotels I decided to book a room at the Clarion Hotel Hirschen Freiburg that was getting fairly good reviews and had a good ration between that and the cost of the room. The hotel was situated 3 kilometer the city center and was really close to the motorway, which suited well for the following day. The also announced that the parking was free which usually otherwise would set me back up to 30 euro a night.

The hotel was situated in a nice calm residential area and at first I thought that I had driven the wrong direction. From outside the hotel was a mixt of both old and new. I drove down into their parking cellar and found it almost full; there was just one spot left in the corner which I managed to get my car into.

The reception was hidden behind a glass door at the entrance. Behind it was a young blond but clearly a German girl sitting. I addressed her in English and she replied in English as well with a sweet German twist in her pronunciation. She had one of these funny sweet squeaky voices that sound sweet in the beginning but you always end up wondering how it would be to live with that voice every day. I hope for her boyfriend or husband that she goes down a note in her native language.

I received a very special key to my room were I had to activate the door before moving the strange looking key towards it and the door could open. The receptionist explained that on a model of the door handle she had on her desk. I was given room 207 which was situation on the first floor, not very logic but so what.

I entered my room with the space key and found a very brightly room with green nuances. The bed was king-size which was really nice; it was iron casts bed, something I had not seen since I was in Jamaica. The room was in a really nice size and it was decorated like nothing I had seen in years. The main colour base in the room was soft yellow with bright green contrast and a very fresh green one. There was a curtain between the open space between the bathroom and the closet wall at the entrance.

There were indoor shutters made of patina painted beige wooden sliding boards. There was a fake fireplace that hosted the large flat screen. There was also a small balcony overlooking a parking lot in a residential area. There was a mini bar from where I took a cold Freiburg Pilsner, which I enjoyed with great pleasure. The bathroom had a nice size with a nice shower.

I stayed in the room and surfed the Internet using their free Wi-Fi access. Next morning I packed my stuff ad took then to my car before I went up to check on the breakfast, which cost 15 euro. I had decided that if it looked good I would stay otherwise I would grab something at a gas station along the road.

The breakfast was really great so I sat down and appreciated a really great breakfast.
The parking under the hotel
The hall in front of my room
My room
My bed

Clarion Hotel Hirschen Overview

The Clarion Hotel Hirschen is a charming German hotel conveniently located near many of the area’s attractions. The Black Forest and the Freiburg Munster Cathedral are two popular attractions that can be found within close proximity of this Freiburg hotel. A tube station is just 300 meters from the Clarion Hotel Hirschen, and the railway station is approximately 4 kilometers away.

The Clarion Hotel Hirschen boasts a number of comfortable rooms and suites that are tastefully furnished and extensively equipped with a selection of modern elements.

There are two on-site restaurants in the Clarion Hotel Hirschen, allowing guests to choose from an extensive array of delicious meals without ever having to leave the property. After a long day, guests can relax and sip their favorite drink in the bar or enjoy some beer in the hotel’s beer garden. Well-equipped meeting rooms are available should any business travelers wish to hold an event in the hotel. Other available amenities include a sauna, fitness center, and swimming pool.

Clarion Hotel Hirschen Amenities

• Steam Room
  • Solarium
  • Spa & Wellness Centre
  • Steam Bath
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes