Clarion Hotel Bergen Airport

Clarion Hotel Bergen Airport Rates and Deals

Clarion Hotel Bergen Airport Reviews

sarahsan sarahsan
Comfy bed and nice breakfast, but that´s it! Mar 16, 2012
Clarion Bergen Airport hotel is located, like the name reflects, right at the airport. The hotel is connected to the airport terminal with a glass walkway.

Check in was efficient, but when I entered my room, it felt like entering a sauna. I immediately looked for the AC. There was a button on the bathroom wall, but I didn´t know whether it was for the AC or for the heated bathroom floor. When I turned it to “minus” nothing happened. I tried to call the reception twice, but was disconnected both times. Not very happy, I brought my luggage and went down to the reception.

The girl in the reception said that I had found the right button, but that it took quite a while to get the temperature down. She offered me a fan. I didn´t want a fan, I wanted the temperature down quickly. Finally someone popped out of the back office. She checked her computer and confirmed that my room was very warm indeed. They can actually see the temperature in each room on the computer in the reception.

I don´t know what kind of ventilation system they have, but the button in the room can only adjust the temperature a few degrees. A bigger change has to be done by the caretaker. We all like different temperatures, so I would have preferred a normal AC.

My room, like the rest of the hotel, was very modern. More trendy then practical in my opinion. The size was not very big, but convenient for a short stay. It had a wonderful and comfy double bed. There were also a desk, ironing equipment, flat screen TV and mini bar there. WI-FI was free, but you have to remember to pick up the access code in the reception. I only missed a kettle.

The bathroom was also modern, a bit too much for my liking. It was decorated in cream and grey tiles and was very clean. The counter with the washbasin annoyed me. It came up to just above my knees. What´s the point? Most of us are not pygmies!!!!! The wall and door to the bathroom were of glass, most of it of frosted glass, but far from all of it. The sides were of clear glass. From the room you could see straight into the shower. May be I´m finicky, but I like some privacy in the shower. One is not always travelling with one´s partner.

The restaurant was located on the ground floor, opposite the reception. I did not have dinner there, but the breakfast buffet was very good with a good selection of bread, cold cuts, warm items, fresh fruit etc.

Would I stay there again? I probably would. It´s not my favourite hotel, but it is conveniently located right at the airport.
My room
My room

Clarion Hotel Bergen Airport Overview

The Clarion Hotel Bergen Airport of Bergen, Norway is located in the airport terminal and 18 kilometers from the city center of Bergen. Nearby attractions include the old Bryggen Hanseatic Wharf and the Romanesque St. Mary’s Church, which is Bergen’s oldest building. The city has many attractions to offer guests and an abundance of restaurants, cafes, bars, night clubs and shops to offer. The Clarion Hotel Bergen Airport is located right next door to the Bergen Flesland Airport. Other transportation methods offered in the city include train, bus, car rental and taxi.

There are 200 guest rooms offered at the Clarion Hotel Bergen Airport which feature designer furnishings, modern art prints and contemporary décor. All rooms are equipped with mini-bars, coffee/tea makers, complimentary Internet connections, cable television, telephones and bathrooms with showers.

The Clarion Hotel Bergen Airport is a newer, contemporary hotel with modern art featured throughout. The hotel offers an informal bar and coffee shop, a full-service health sap, 24-hour front desk service with room service capabilities, dry cleaning services, currency exchange and on-site parking facilities.

Clarion Hotel Bergen Airport Amenities

• Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Jacuzzi
  • Steam Room
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Towels