Clarion Hotel Arlanda Airport

Check Arlanda Hotel Deals

Clarion Hotel Arlanda Airport Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Super airport hotel Dec 05, 2012
It was the first day of this winter in Stockholm and what a day it was; most planes in and out of Arlanda Airport were cancelled. I had booked an early flight out of Stockholm that day and I quickly changed it to a morning flight the following day and booked a room in the new Clarion Hotel Arlanda Airport and took a taxi out there.

The hotel is constructed with easy access to and from the airport in mind and the taxi driver therefore had some difficulties in finding the entrance for me but it might also have been the snow storm as his window wipers were frozen ice lumps scatting over the window and I think I was able to see more out of the window from my backseat than he could in his side of the car.

I walked a quite long path towards the entrance of the hotel and I found a nice large open lounge with loads of people waiting to get a room or just using the Wi-Fi to find another hotel. I was given a room on the 10th floor with a view of the completely snow covered airport. I was really fascinated with view of the snow covered airport and the machines driving on the tarmac to remove the snow that came back as fast as it was removed.

The room was large and quite surprising; the bed was huge and with a special headboard that was quite decorative. The bed was really fluffy with huge pillows. One the best features of the room were that it was nicely decorated like in a modern example of a classic romantic hotel theme. The longest wall in the room was decorated with flower picture wallpaper in a huge frame. The windows were huge almost going the hole way from ceiling to floor and facing the airport that hardly was visible in the snowstorm.

There was a small desk in the corner of the room facing the window; the chair supporting the table was really comfortable. The Wi-Fi worked perfectly and the room features also a 42-inch flat screen on the wall, which was of the largest that I have had in a hotel room. The bathroom was large and spacious with a huge shower section. It was one of the nicest bathrooms that I have seen in ages.

The hotel is quite huge with 414 hotel rooms, 44 meeting rooms and 2 restaurants. The most spectacular restaurant is on the 12th floor, Kitchen & Table, signed by Marcus Samuelsson who decided to bring flavors and kitchens from New York to Scandinavia, to blend with the local specialties of the region.

I decided to try my luck at the restaurant Kitchen & Table and went up to the 12th floor. The halls looked quite similar and they were all nicely decorated in calm colors and lots of space. I had forgotten that the hotel was full due to the snowstorm but after a short waiting I was given 2-person table near the window. The prices were quite steep so I settled with their version of a burger and a beer. The food was good and I ended my meal with a double expresso coffee.

I had booked the second morning plane leaving from the airport at 7.20 am so I checked out around 6 am and I was

Surprised to find myself in a long queue in order to check out at this time a day but it went quite fast.
The fabulous bed
The spacious bathroom
The huge shower area
The small desk in the corner
Chokk says:
It is a really nice hotel
rsvpme says:
You scored !
EvaJ27 says:
Hotel Room looks like some kind of luxury apartment room :D

Check Arlanda Hotel Deals