Clarion Collection Wellington

Clarion Collection Wellington Rates and Deals

Clarion Collection Wellington Stockholm Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Clarion Hotel Wellington Jan 25, 2010
It was getting late at work so I called a taxi in order to get to my hotel for the night.

When the taxi arrived the driver and I were surprised to see that we already knew each other from a drive we had two weeks earlier to the Hotel Amaranten. We had then a good talk all the way to that hotel; he turned out to be Greek and living in Stockholm for more than 20 years. The reason that we then ended up talking was that they had misspelt my name in a funny way from the central dispatching.

Along the way to the hotel he pointed at different places of the city that I had to visit and besides that he told me a great part what it meant to be a taxi driver in Stockholm. We arrived at the hotel and Hotel Wellington turned out to be a small hotel in a part of the city called Östermalm.

I have later found out that Östermalm is a very nice part of the city, maybe the area that I feel most at home at in Stockholm. The area is a nice area and close to many of the sights of the city. There are also many restaurants and cafés and there is even at this time of the year a good evening life in the streets and the different places.

When I entered I was greeted by the receptionist named Fia; she turned out to be a very friendly young woman eager to give me good service and try to ensure that I would have a pleasant stay. She found me quickly a room and made all the registration very fast. She asked me if I wanted access to their Wi-Fi and gave me an access code.

Being one of these work stays I got as usual one of these small rooms. This one was a very small room and just with the essential in order to make ones stay bearable. The room was far from cozy but the bed was nice (but small) and the shower hot; what more do you need?

I had a view to a backyard and some private apartment and their balconies. There was not much to look at so I decided to let the room be and go out and find a restaurant near the hotel.

Otherwise the hotel was very focused on exercise and health; there was a drawn map of a jogging route in the room and in the elevator they had a list of all the gym’s that had a deal with the hotel. I didn’t mind these things and let them be too and went for my restaurant.

The hotel was old but modernized; the colours in the lounge area was kept in red and the hotel bar was small. The reception was also quite small but needed not to be larger.

It was a hotel that left me with an impression that I could easily find a better hotel for the next time.
The small room
The small a narrow bed
A nice "modern" TV
The bathroom
Chokk says:
I agree - I never went back :D
Posted on: Nov 14, 2011
Johnpro says:
Just for sleep and shower is great :)))
Comfortable with huge bed (for cats) and Led 40" Tv :)
The bathroom looks sympathetic for hospitable an other person :)
Nice review but as you say the next time find a better !
Posted on: Nov 13, 2011

Clarion Collection Wellington Overview

Situated right outside the city centre, the Clarion Collection Wellington is within a 10 minute walk to Swedish Museum of National Antiquities. The neighbourhood is well-known for shopping. Set in Norrmalm, the hotel is a perfect base while in Stockholm.

The Clarion Collection Wellington offers comfortable rooms with air conditioning and complimentary wireless internet. Helpful and professional staff are available 24 hours a day. Confidently choose the Clarion Collection Wellington for your next stay with the knowledge that you'll be perfectly placed to take in Stockholm's well-known clubs, bars, and establishments.

If you're travelling with a family in tow, the Clarion Collection Wellington offers spacious rooms geared towards the requirements of families and kids. Included in the room is a safe, cable / satellite channels and a TV. A DVD player and tea and coffee making facilities are included in each room.

Clarion Collection Wellington Amenities

• Facsimile
  • Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower