Clarion Collection Tapto

Clarion Collection Tapto Rates and Deals

Clarion Collection Tapto Stockholm Reviews

Chokk Chokk
A big outside the city centre Feb 22, 2010
It was day of one of the worst commuting crash downs of Stockholm; Sweden was hit by a severe snowstorm and the temperature was close to -20 degrees Celsius all the time. I had heard that it would be difficult to move around in the inner city because “Tunnebanan” the Metro was only running the places where it was under ground; all other places were frozen.

I arrived at Arlanda and took a taxi direct to the hotel; the taxi driver was absolutely not certain where the hotel was and had to check for direction numerous of times. It turned out that this hotel was close to the Hotel Karlaplan where the taxi driver also had problem finding the address.

I stepped out from the taxi in -20 and snowstorm and luckily the driver could park close the entrance. Inside I was met by a receptionist that talked extremely load! I could not help to smile inside of me; I was almost cracking actually. She was friendly, very friendly indeed.

I got a room on the fourth floor, a fairly large room compared to some of the rooms that I had the other stays in Stockholm. As in many other Stockholm hotels there were a wooden floor; which probably is due to the snowy winters and cleaning opportunities. I looked out the window and could hardly see anything but the snow! I quickly decided that walking round the area in order to find a close by restaurant I had to postpone to another time.

The receptionist had informed me; that there was a free evening buffet in their restaurant (canteen) included in the price. Today that sounded like a good offer. They had only one dish to offer and it was cod, which I enjoy. The food was very basic but for free and there was an arctic snowstorm outside; and in that sense it was a good meal. The canteen was full of military personnel and I later forum out that they had a conference in the hotel at that time.

The military probably liked the place, because there were loads of military references in the decoration of the hotel. On my floor there were pictures of military planes on all the walls and there was also a display of a pilot uniform. My guess was also that they liked the canteen food, because it certainly looked like that.

I decided that it would be an evening in isolation in my room; I checked the TV programs and most of them were Swedish but there were a couple international news programs like BBC one and CNN.

The bed was okay even though it was a single and reminded me of an IKEA one, so I slept alright that night. Next morning I took a quick shower and when down to the reception in order to book a taxi, because I had seen the chaotic transport situation on TV; people had been stuck on the train or bus stations for up to 4 hours in -20 degrees. At the reception they told me that they could not order a taxi for at least one hour; the taxi companies did not even take orders, so I went for breakfast in the canteen.

The breakfast was okay again but not a ringer! I was thinking about the taxi most of the time, so I had a quick breakfast and went to the reception again. I made her call a couple of other taxi companies and after 15 minutes she managed to get through to a company where they would be able to come in 1½ hour; I was just happy to get one. I was truly thankful that the receptionist tried to get the taxi; it was a really nice gesture.
The corner of the room
The view from my room in the cold …
The view in -20 degrees
The shower

Clarion Collection Tapto Overview

Location.
Clarion Collection Hotel Tapto is located in central Stockholm, close to Stockholm Olympic Stadium, Vasa Museum, and National Museum. Nearby points of interest also include Royal Swedish Opera and Stockholm Palace.

Hotel Features.
Clarion Collection Hotel Tapto features a restaurant and a bar/lounge. The hotel serves a complimentary buffet breakfast. Recreational amenities include a sauna. This 3.5-star property offers small meeting rooms and a meeting/conference room. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available in public areas. Additional property amenities include laundry facilities. This is a smoke-free property.

Guestrooms.
124 guestrooms at Clarion Collection Hotel Tapto feature minibars and hair dryers. Wireless Internet access is complimentary. Televisions have cable channels and pay movies. Guestrooms are all non-smoking.

You must present a photo ID when checking in. Your credit card is charged at the time you book. Bed type and smoking preferences are not guaranteed. Your reservation is prepaid and is guaranteed for late arrival. The total charge includes all room charges and taxes, as well as fees for access and booking. Any incidental charges such as parking, phone calls, and room service will be handled directly between you and the property.

Clarion Collection Tapto Amenities

• Computer
  • Desk
  • Facsimile
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Family Room