City tour with Terra Diversa

Cuenca, Ecuador

City tour with Terra Diversa Cuenca Reviews

Toonsarah Toonsarah
Great city tour with Terra Diversa Nov 01, 2012
When planning our trip to Ecuador I was conscious that we were only going to have very limited time in Cuenca so when our travel company (Simply Ecuador) suggested pre-booking a half-day tour of the city I acquiesced, thinking it would be a good way to see a lot in a short time. But when we arrived, and I realised how compact the city was, I wondered if we would regret that decision as it seemed quite possible to cover a lot of ground even in the couple of days we had available. However I have to say that the guide we had, Wilson from local company Terra Diversa, was absolutely excellent, with the result that we were very pleased to have secured his services. What made it so good a tour was the variety of places he took us, his flexibility in listening to our preferences (and adjusting to the fact that I couldn’t walk as far as I would have liked with my still-dodgy knee), and the wealth of interesting information he imparted. Terra Diversa offer lots of tours and I wouldn’t hesitate to book with them again, directly – and would certainly ask for Wilson by name!

Our tour started when Wilson collected us from our hotel at 9.00 and should have lasted four hours, but he was as happy as we were to over-run a bit and in the end we spent nearly five hours exploring with him. In that time we visited:

~ a “panama” hat factory

~ the Mirador de Turi

~ the Plaza San Sebastian and the Museo de Arte Moderno

~ a local craftsman (tin engraver)

~ the Plaza del Cruz del Vado and nearby ultra-quirky café, Prohibido Centro Cultural

~ various streets in the colonial city, to explore the different architectural styles

~ the Plaza San Francisco