City Pizza

632 Hibiscus Street, West Palm Beach, FL, USA

City Pizza West Palm Beach Reviews

Jamal1280 Jamal1280
Best N.Y. style pizza I've found here Dec 20, 2010
Spending the first 10 years of my life in New York taught me what really good pizza is all about. Having lived in the south since then, it has been difficult to find pizza that measures up to the stuff I had as a kid.

Now that I live in West Palm Beach, where many New York transplants also reside, I've had access to some New York-like foods.

City Pizza's pizza isn't as good as the kind you'll find in the Big Apple. But it's probably the closest you'll get to the real thing if you visit West Palm.

I'm no stranger to this place; I usually get a couple of extra cheese slices to go about once a month. But when a friend and I went last week to dine in, I realized that I never wrote a review about this place on TB.

I like the table-and-chairs atmosphere of the place, with different flat screen TVs showing the news or some sports game. The menu is fairly extensive, with a variety of pizza - of course - and plenty of pasta dishes and sandwiches. Soup and salad are available also, and they have a few desserts, like cannolis and cheesecakes.

My weird friend (don't tell her I said that lol) decided she wanted pizza with ham, cheese and no sauce. I refused to get a big one to share with her (I want my sauce, dammit!), so we both got personal individual pizzas. I got the New Yorker, with baked in mozzarella and parmesan cheeses, drizzled with olive oil and bits of parsley.

I have to admit, this particular pizza wasn't New York style at all; it didn't have the crisp, yet chewy crust that I love (which the individual slices at City Pizza typically have). Still, it was pretty damn good :)

I can't say for certain that it's the best pizza in the city, but you can do a lot worse here, that's for sure. I'm a repeat customer at City Pizza and will continue to be so for as long as I live here.
Simple decor, nothing extravagant.…
My New Yorker pizza :)
Jamal1280 says:
Posted on: Dec 21, 2010
Glynnes says:
Thanks for sharing your review.
Posted on: Dec 21, 2010