City Mansion

Check Baku Hotel Deals

City Mansion Baku Reviews

mickeyd302 mickeyd3…
City Mansion -- A decent deal in Baku Jun 17, 2007
The City Mansion offers both long term and short term rentals. While officially labeled an apartment building, in truth it is closer to a hotel with the feel of an apartment. With hotel rates in Baku getting out of control, the City Mansion is a more affordable alternative. Studios are 90 AZM a night while one bedrooms start at 109 AZM.

I have stayed here four times since moving to Azerbaijan. Each time I have been extremely comfortable. The staff is friendly and helpful. The last time I stayed there I had a late check out and they did not charge me anything extra for leaving 5 hours later than I was suppose to. Each room comes with a small kitchenette and a small sitting area. I have stayed in both a studio and a one bedroom. The advantage to the one bedroom is a larger bed. Other than that if you are alone the studio should suit you fine. A nice breakfast is served in the dinner behind all of the dwellings. There is a gym, but like most hotel gyms, this one leaves a lot to be desired.

While the City Mansion is an affordable alternative to the pricer hotels in the area, it does have its drawbacks. First, it is located far away from most areas that would be of interest for most visitors to the city. A taxi will cost 4-5 manats to anywhere in the city, but expect some cab drivers to try to charge you as much as 7-10 to get you to Fountain Square or other areas of the city. It is also not really too close to any metro area either. Another problem is there are no elevators, so if you pack heavy, you are going to hate dragging those bags up many flights of stairs especially after a long international flight. Trust me I know. Finally, if you are looking at the most affordable lodging in Baku, it might be more economically sound to rent an apartment from an individual. There are many short term apartment rentals available, but be warned doing so is kind of a crap shoot. You may get something good or you might get a total dive.

Overall if affordability and comfort are both concern, one would be hard pressed to do better than the City Mansion when in Baku.

Related Travel Blogs About City Mansion

Back in Naxcivan
Taken from my own memories of the time.The flight from Indy to Chicago was good but short.  I wish I could say something nice about the rest of the flights.  From Chicago to Frankfurt, i wa…Baku, I took a cab to the City Mansion, which is a relatively inexpensive hotel in comparison to most of the hotels…

Check Baku Hotel Deals