City Lodge Airport Johannesburg

City Lodge Airport Johannesburg Rates and Deals

City Lodge Airport Johannesburg Edenvale Reviews

tersia tersia
Affordable & convenient Jun 12, 2011
I went out with a few friends in JHB one Thursday night, after dinner and a few drinks it was time to go home, but as i wanted to leave for Pretoria my car wouldn’t start. It was already quite late, my friend decided to book us into the nearest City Lodge for the night, get some rest and sort out the car in the morning.

We arrived about 1am, the receptionist was very friendly and helpful. After we paid our room, which i thought was quite expensive for a few hours sleep (R1000 or 100 Euros) we took the key and went to the room. As we entered the room, we were in for the shock of our lives... The room that was allocated to us was already occupied by other people. After much confusion and a bit of hysteria on the other people’s side (which is totally understandable), we went back to reception to ask for a new room. He was very apologetic and escorted us to “our” room.

The room was clean, had a TV, radio, ac, on-suite bathroom, coffee & tea. Not sure about wi-fi, as it was not needed that time of the morning. The bed was great, as well as the pillows, maybe because i was so tired, but I did feel rested in the morning. Breakfast was also included, but we decided to give it a miss, needed to go back and sort out the car ASAP.

As to what I think about the hotel: the parking area is safe, they have security guards and the area is closed off. The hotel was nice, it’s just very alarming that the receptionist can make such an error giving a key to an occupied room; one can’t help but to wonder about other safety issues... (i would like to believe that it was an honest mistake, and that it’s not the norm). Would I stay there or at any of their other lodges again...? Definitely YES. (sorry i have NO photos of the hotel or room, this was before i joined TB and not really thought about pics)

PS. the car was fixed in no time :)
tersia says:
yeah, it was SHOCKING!!!!!!
Posted on: Jun 12, 2011
wagslikeadog says:
"...occupied by other people" WHAT????
Posted on: Jun 12, 2011
watziter watziter
Joburg Nice Airport Hotel May 01, 2011
The hotel is conveniently located, few minutes walk to the terminal thru a long passage with exits to the carparks that can go eery at late night. It doesn't have much amenities, and you would feel locked out if you stay longer. Good for its price and cozy enough for a tired traveller.
mrgishi mrgishi
Convenient Airport Hotel Jun 21, 2010
I was bumped from a KLM flight from Amsterdam to Cape Town. Instead they sent me to Johannesburg where I had to spend the night and wait for a Cape Town flight in the morning. They were able to get me a room in the City Lodge right at the airport despite my late arrival and the World Cup going on. The hotel is an easy walk from the terminal, but is pretty tricky to find. I asked a doorman at a competitor hotel how to get there, and he actually went out of his way to walk me all the way there. That happened several times while I was in South Africa. The hotel itself is nice with a comfortable lounge area, excellent beds and bathrooms. I don't know how convenient it is to the city, but it is definitely convenient for morning flights out of the airport.
Glynnes says:
Sounds nice. Thanks!
Posted on: Jul 28, 2010

City Lodge Airport Johannesburg Overview

Situated next to the R24 airport freeway, the hotel is easily accessible to all the main motorways and Johannesburg International Airport is just 4 km away. The Isando Junction is across the road, which has a variety of restaurants at which to dine.

An excellent 3-star hotel close to Johannesburg Airport. The hotel is equipped with a small mini gym, a swimming pool, and a meeting room. Vending machines stocking cigarettes, snacks and cold beverages, fax and photocopy services available, same-day laundry and dry cleaning.

Similar in design to many Citylodge hotels, the property is painted brown and just 2 storeys tall.

All of the rooms are of a good standard and are fully carpeted with comfortable beds and are softly lit to give a cosy feel. Each room has a writing desk and chair as well as satellite TV, tea/coffee making facilities, ice jug and digital safe. The en suite bathrooms all have separate bath and shower.

Breakfast, lunch, and dinner is served daily in the restaurant area.

The medium-sized lobby has a tiled floor and wide wood reception desk. The reception is open 24 hours a day.

2 kms to the nearest airport (johannesburg), 20 kms to city centre, 5 km to the nearest station (isando).

City Lodge Airport Johannesburg Amenities