City Laneways Melbourne

Melbourne, Australia

City Laneways Melbourne Reviews

vix1 vix1
Amazing Street Art Nov 10, 2012
Can’t believe there aren’t more reviews about this on here, I find it astonishing. The Laneways is probably the reason that I fell in love with Melbourne the first time I ever visited it. In the UK graffiti is illegal even if you’re world famous, like ‘Banksy’. However, in Melbourne the graffiti is legal and artists from all over the world come to ply their trade. If you’ve never been before, Hosier Street is a good place to start (also keep an eye out for AC/DC Lane) and I love the fact that the art changes so regularly that no two visits are ever the same.
diverdeb says:
Thanks...I love the graffiti around Melbourne...you will have to come and see it yourself one day....I'll show you my favorute spots.
Posted on: Nov 12, 2012
Chokk says:
I love this
Posted on: Nov 11, 2012
diverdeb diverdeb
City Laneways Melbourne Mar 26, 2011
Melbourne's Laneways offer a variety of delights, some are populated by retail businesses, cafes, bars and street art, while others retain their original form, offering rare glimpse into the city's history. Many city visitors and locals agree that exploring the laneway's is the best way to discover the city.

Immerse yourself in the crowd and go with the espresso scented flow as you wander through the lanes. Peer down side alley's as you discover an abundance of street art. The most popular and populated lanes are Degraves street and Center place, these two are also the closest to Flinders Station. If I'm ever at a loose end I jump on a train or tram and spend a few hours in the 'Lanes' stopping for a great coffee and always finding something I hadn't seen before. An excellent place to sit over a great coffee people watch and just watch the world go by.
Chokk says: