City Inn Vientiane

City Inn Vientiane Rates and Deals

City Inn Vientiane Reviews

sherrybaby86 sherryba…
Basic, and not really worth the money May 18, 2012
I recently stayed at this hotel when I went to Vientiane for a Visa run. I booked online through agoda.com

Upon arrival, I was given a fruit juice, which was nice in the hot weather. With the voucher I gave them, printed from the website, the guy behind the counter struggled to find my booking. He also did not have the room available for which I had booked. Instead he offered me a standard twin room, when I had booked a queen deluxe. I did not complain as I was tired from the long journey and just wanted to sleep.

The room was very clean. The beds were comfortable. The room also had a large balcony which was nice to look over the streets. There was free tea and coffee in the room yet the jug did not work. Mini bar was only stocked with basics and a lot of Lao Beer. Bathroom was big, and even had a bathtub, which most basic hotel rooms do not have. The shower was also quite spacious, yet the first time I used the shower the hot water tap broke and I could not turn off the water. I had to call someone from the lobby who came up and fixed it reasonably quickly. Towels looked and felt old, and also looked like they needed a good bleaching. There was wifi in each room which was great, and the TV had cable, with a lot of movie channels.

Hotel is located close to the main touristy area of Vientiane, and an easy walk to the Mekong River (about 1km). There are plenty of taxi's and tuk-tuks waiting outside the hotel and are reasonably priced too - be careful though, one guy tried to rip me off 100,000 kip!

Breakfast is included in every booking, yet not that great. The first breakfast was reasonable, and very basic - cereal, bread, jam, butter, salad, fruit juice, fruit and 4 hot dishes. If you want eggs or rice, you need to order these at the counter, and you can only have one serving. The second day I had breakfast, I felt sick just looking at the food - the cheese looked like it had been left out all night and the eggs, sausages and ham were not anywhere near cooked enough. Thank goodness they had croissants!

The menu for lunch and dinner was also very basic - mostly Asian foods, not many western selections. However I do recommend the Club Sandwich - it was pretty yummy!

Overall, it was very basic, and I feel I paid more for the room than it was really worth. I would NOT stay here again.
room @ cityinn
@ cityinn

City Inn Vientiane Overview

Located in the city centre, the City Inn Vientiane allows for easy access to Vientiane's shopping, sightseeing and entertainment and offers free Wi-Fi. This 3-star hotel is close to everything Vientiane has to offer. Vientiane's attractions, such as Laos National Stadium, Talat Sao Mall and Wat Si Saket are within an easy walking distance.

For the comfort and safety of guests, the City Inn Vientiane offers non-smoking rooms. Hotel facilities include a safe-deposit box, a business centre and a laundry service. New Laos National Stadium is within a 20 minute drive from the hotel.

The rooms feature a DVD player as well as a plasma / LCD TV with cable / satellite channels. Each room includes amenities such as tea and coffee making facilities, a mini bar and a safe. The rooms are equipped with an iron and a telephone and the hotel has room service.

City Inn Amenities

• Bicycle Rental
  • Desk
  • Direct dial phone
  • Massage
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower