City Hotels Rudninkai

(8-5) 261 3916

City Hotels Rudninkai Vilnius Reviews

EmyG EmyG
City Hotels Rudninkai Nov 19, 2014
I stayed in City Hotels Rudninkai for two nights not so long time ago. I arrived to Vilnius late, after the midnight but had not problem with checking in. The recepcion works whole day and whole night. The woman at the reception was very friendly and helpful. She spoke to me in Polish. I picked this place mostly due to its location. It is located halfway between the bus station and the old town. Since I knew that I will arrive late I wanted something near the bus stadion to not wander around the unknown city in the night. The location of the hotel is very good and it takes like 10 minutes to get to Pilies street which is the oldest street of Vilnius and the main part of the old town. Basically, everything worth seeing is in a walking distance. City Hotels Rudninkai is located like 5 minutes from the town hall, which is a good orientation point. The famous Gate of Down is located also very close to the hotel.

My room was quite big, clean and seemed like new. I had a single bed but it was very comfortable. On the windowsill there were plants in flowerpots. For the first time I had a plant in a hotel room. Pretty unusual, no? Nice touch though! The room had an air condition and the temperature control worked fine, not loud at all. The hotel provides free wifi. The signal was strong. I had three big mirrors just for me and a big wardrobe, a desk in which there was a full equiped fridge. The bathroom was big, very clean and simply excellent. A 5 star hotel would not be ashamed of amenities provided by City Hotels Rudninkai (and Rudninkai has just 3). There were plenty of supplies and towels. I had even three showerheads (I don’t really know what for).

I didn't had breakfast here, so I can not comment on food server by the hotel. Most of my friends who had visited Vilnius before me, told me that Lithuanian food is not so good. That's why I dediced to serach something to eat by myself, to have a choice!

The only negatives are that I was staying on the firat floor and the traffic was a bit noisy at times but this did not affect my sleep (I was too tired!). The hotel is at a busy crossroads, and at 5 am old, heavy and noisy buses start running.

When I check out I left my luggage in a storage place. The stuff looked after my bags for more than 10 hours after checking out, to give me some time for exploring Vilnius and Trakai.

All in all, my stay here was very pleasant. This hotel is a cosy little place to stay in. It has only about 20 rooms. I think that City Hotels Rudninkai was a good find, due to the location and the price I payed. I was looking for a clean, nicely priced, nicely located hotel and that's what I got. I would definitely stayed here again if I would ever be back to Vilnius.
westwind57 says:
Very complete review, and i guess a good choice for Vilnius. :)
Posted on: Nov 19, 2014