City Garden Hotel Hong Kong

City Garden Hotel Hong Kong Rates and Deals

City Garden Hotel Hong Kong Reviews

sweettangerine sweettan…
An oasis of tranquil despite its giant size Jul 23, 2013
The City Garden hotel is a large first class hotel in North Point, just at the edge of Causeway Bay in Hong Kong. It hasn’t got the most central location perhaps, but it’s only 5 minutes’ walk from the Fortress Hill subway station (on the central line), from where there is easy access to just about every quarter of the city. On the plus side, it’s in easy reach when taking a taxi to and from the airport. Allegedly there is a free shuttle service to Taikoo Place and Cityplaza, but we were never informed of this service.

I stayed at this hotel as part of a stopover package with Cathay Pacific. I paid EUR 137 for a 2 nights’ stay with breakfast and airport transfers, which seems more than reasonable for this level of service.

It’s a large hotel with more than 600 rooms spread over a dazzling 27 floors. Our room; on the 23rd floor offered a view on a “forest” of apartment buildings, that is enough to give you instant vertigo!

From the outside it’s a tall building with a large covered area outside, with valet service, for drop off by car and minivan.

Upon entering there’s a spacious lobby with the reception desk, elevators and ample sitting space. We arrived after midnight and check-in was remarkably smooth. Our key cards were already prepared and they only needed a quick imprint of our credit card and a passport number. It’s was all done with a smile and in the blink of an eye, which was great because we were dead tired and wanted nothing more than to get to the room asap.

Our room, a twin on the 23rd floor, was on the small side, but had all comfort we needed. It was decorated in beige and brown but was still rather up to date. The cream colored wall to wall carpet did show some staining though.

It contained two small twin beds with bedside table, a small working desk and an alarm clock. There’s an electronic safe, minibar, coffee and tea facilities, complimentary water bottles and slippers. On the plus side, there’s even a conversion plug for HK’s British electricity outlet. The individually controlled air-conditioning is doing its job just fine.

The bathroom is on the small side and has a bath tub annex shower. Even though the bathroom itself is not too outdated, there’s lets of chalk build-up and mold where the bath is connected to the walls. This gives a very dirty impression. There are however ample toiletries and towels.

There’s free Wi-Fi in the rooms and all public spaces, which is accessed by your check-in details.

Breakfast is served at the Garden Restaurant on the first floor of the hotel. It offers a large jet cozy seating area and a huge buffet with both Eastern and Western selection. The selection is huge enough to cater for everyone’s taste and had among others oatmeal porridge and a large selection of rolls, preserves and cheeses. There’s plenty of fresh fruit too. The staff is friendly and attentive and makes sure plates are cleaned off fast. It was one of the better breakfast buffets we encountered on our trip.

Some evening, it is possible to book a buffet dinner here too. We didn’t, due to lack of time, but the advertisement looked like a great value for money deal.

There should be a bar, an on-site 24-hour gym as well as an outdoor swimming pool, which we didn’t get to check out either due to lack of time.

The concierge took good care of our luggage on departure day and had it grouped according to pick-up time. The staff in general is very friendly and attentive to the guests’ needs.

The City Garden Hong Kong is a mastodon of a hotel without any personal feel. This is a business orientated hotel like you would find so many all over the world. Yet the friendly staff and delicious buffet breakfast surely scored well in my books. Value for money wise it was a great deal and I’d surely consider staying again upon a next visit.

One small remark regarding the Cathay Pacific stopover package: Due to the late arrival of our flight from Ho Chi Minh City, we missed the last shuttle into town and had to take a taxi. After posting a complaint, Cathay Pacific did refund the taxi fee. The return shuttle however, did pick us up from the hotel in due time – no difficulties here.
outside view of the hotel
the room
ahintofvanilla ahintofv…
A good Hong Kong hotel, minutes away from Causeway Bay Sep 03, 2010
I stayed at City Garden Hotel last Sept. 4 to Sept 7, this year. This was a birthday treat trip to my best friend R, so I got us both the round trip flight and booked both of us our own "Signature Rooms" for the next 4 days and 3 nights.

We took the train from the airport and up to the general directions to the hotel, which led us to the Fortress Hill station. From there, it was a 5-10 minute stroll. Upon entering the lobby, it wasn't very crowded, it was stylish yet comfortable. Since the Signature Rooms came with Club Floor Access and Privileges, we were ushered to the top floor which housed the Business Center and where we will do our official express check-in, except that by that time, our rooms weren't ready yet. Some 30 minutes later, it was time for the Club Lounge to serve the refreshments and treats which came with the accommodation there. There were vegetable sticks, mini-sandwiches, mini-cakes, fresh fruits, fresh fruit juices, sodas and wine. It was of good value.

When I finally got to the room, it was spacious and was comfortably cold. It came with a large executive desk, provided me ample space to spread out and work. But who wants to work on a vacation, right? So it was just a good-to-have!

The room also came with wired and wireless broadband Internet, coffee/tea making facilities and electronic safe. After a busy day of maximizing, seeing all the sights and shopping like crazy in Hong Kong's central or Causeway Bay districts, the queen bed comfortably provided me with a good night's rest.

Breakfast was a treat. From chinese food to breakfast favorites of eggs, bacon, ham, burger patties, pancakes, hash browns, to cereals, fresh fruits, yoghurts, breads and lots of it, there was something for just about everyone. This definitely helped because we would be eating these selection for the next 3 days. A local newspaper was also provided and whenever we missed out on Club snacks etc, our rooms had a bowl of fruit provided for free. Rooms were also replenished with 2 bottles of mineral water daily as they did the usual house keeping drill.

One late night, we also got to try the dinner menu. Up to now, I cannot get over how delicious the Lobster Bisque soup was. For that alone, I am definitely coming back.

I unfortunately didn't take photos of the hotel and the room itself, got some of it when I was at the Club Lounge, but would like to mention that the bathroom was huge and the tub was comfortable enough and not too small. Its definitely not the cheapest hotel to stay at in Hong Kong, but when you want a very good hotel at a good location, but not necessarily splurging, I think City Garden is a wise choice.
Reading and relaxing at the Club L…
Another shot, just chilling at the…
Checking out the HK magazines
Hanging out at the Club Lounge wit…
ahintofvanilla says:
Hah Jeremy, we are aligned! Must learn airline speak soon! :) Thanks for the compliment :)

Hey Carl! Wow! That's good to hear. Consider this a preview then! :)
Posted on: Nov 02, 2010
vulindlela says:
We stayed here the last time in HK.....
Nice review!
Posted on: Nov 02, 2010
Kurisu Kurisu
Nice hotel in North Point Mar 31, 2009
When I planned my trip to Hong Kong in late March, I decided to stay at a hotel on Hong Kong Island.

I checked several internet sites for affordable hotels and also checked catalogues from the travel agency.

Turned out that most hotels on Hong Kong Island are quite expensive, compared to the ones in Kowloon.

I didn't wanna spend to much money, but I also didn't want a too crappy room.

Finally I made a choice and decided to go with the City Garden Hotel, which is located in North Point near Fortress Hill MTR station.

Well, I made a real good choice here!

I went to the hotel with A1 Cityflyer bus, which stops directly in front of City Garden complex. I arrived kinda early, but they didn't hesitate a second about giving me a room some hours before official checkin time. The staff was very friendly.

They gave me one of their newly remodelled rooms, which was very nice. It had two very comfortable beds, a flat panel TV, nice bathroom, mini bar, safe and nice furniture.

Ok, admitted, the view from the window kinda sucked, because there is an ugly appartment building opposite your window... but what the heck ;-)

Every morning you get a personal copy of a newspaper.

You can purchase airtime on the hotel's WiFi network for internet access, which was quite expensive, or use the PCCW network which was also available from my room. Well, there's a Starbucks just opposite Fortress Hill MTR station, so if you just want to check mails once a day with your mobile, consider to use the 20 free minutes they offer there, or - as I did - sign up for a 5 day WiFi account at Y5ZONE, Starbucks's internet WiFi provider.

My room rate included breakfast. The breakfast buffet was surprisingly good and featured a good choice of chinese and continental breakfast.

One could argue that the location of the hotel is little off-side.

For my taste it was almost perfect! Fortress Hill MTR station, tram stop and Bus stop just around the corner. Many nice shops, markets and restaurants around. And the best thing of all - no tourists!

Ok, maybe a few... but you hardly see typical tourists there, most people look like locals. So unlike Tsim Sha Tsui people leave you alone and don't ask you if you want to buy a Rolex watch or something...

To sum it up: You get good bang for the buck in City Garden Hotel. I'd definitely go there again!

:-)
Kings Road near Fortress Hill MTR …
Room in City Garden Hotel
Room in City Garden Hotel
View from hotel room
wbatesy says:
nice review mate :)
Posted on: Jun 02, 2009

City Garden Hotel Hong Kong Overview

The City Garden Hong Kong is located close to Causeway Bay, offering easy access to area shopping and attractions. The Hong Kong Convention Center, Lan Kwai Fong, Fortress Hill, and Ocean Park are all within minutes of the hotel. Guests will enjoy close proximity to entertainment, nightlife, dining, and shopping. Guests will be offered many amenities from the hotel, including restaurants, a business center, a fitness center, a swimming pool, a Jacuzzi, a bar, and a banquet room. A complimentary shuttle service is available to guests from the City Garden Hotel in Hong Kong to Times Square, City Plaza, and Wanchai. A mass transit station and an airport express terminal are both close by.

The City Garden in Hong Kong offers guests rooms with muted décor and many amenities, such as high-speed Internet access, work desks, minibars, air-conditioning, and telephones. Executive suites available at the hotel include complimentary breakfasts.

Located in the area known as North Point, the City Garden Hotel Hong Kong is within walking distance of Causeway Bay for shopping and dining experiences.

City Garden Hotel Amenities

• Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Jacuzzi
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower
  • Bus Parking
  • Paid Parking

Related Travel Blogs About City Garden Hotel Hong Kong

Arriving in Hong Kong
After a tedious 10 hour flight I finally arrived at Hong Kong's Chek Lap Kok International Airport. Instead of taking the MTR airport express I decided to go to the hotel by bus, so I could get a fir…Hong Kong Island and has a bus stop in front of the City Garden Hotel, in which I would…

Check City Garden Hotel Rates and Deals