City Crab and Seafood Company

235 Park Avenue South at 19th Street New York, New York, NY, USA - 212) 529-3800
City Crab and Seafood Company - a glass of Malbec
City Crab and Seafood Company - Alaskan king Crabs
City Crab and Seafood Company - A huge smile after a huge meal
City Crab and Seafood Company - Baked Clams
City Crab and Seafood Company - Jumbo shrimps with Blue cheese

City Crab and Seafood Company New York Reviews

nylor nylor
Got crabs? Apr 27, 2011
I recently moved here to New York City and I have been so busy that I barely had enough time to enjoy what New York has to offer. And New York city definitely has a lot to offer. You name it and NYC has it. Being the great city that it is it offers a wide array of restaurants that a lifetime would not be enough to be in all of them. But it wouldn't hurt to try.

So I told myself that at least once a week I have to go out to the city and eat at any place my feet would take me. My friends and I decided to walk from Downtown to Midtown Manhattan looking for a place to eat. I have done it once before and trying in places that are not so well known or I've never heard before can be tricky. It's either the food is good but overly priced or the food is awful and still overly priced. We finally reached Union Square around 9pm on a Friday night. Now I had the feeling that we should have booked a place prior to exploring the city. However a few blocks north of Union square, there was a fairly medium sized sign with orange neon lights "City Crab". It was a Friday night, it was highly likely that we would not get seated in the next hour or so but we asked and the waiting time was around 30 minutes. The receptionist was very nice. She offered to call us back once the tables are ready. we didn't mind. We hang around Union Square while waiting for a call back. And sure enough even before 30 minutes was up, she called us back. The place was a little bit noisy (it's a bar/restaurant). It was relaxing in a way for me. It's that kind of place you want to hang around for long periods either watching a sports game in the bar or just happily munching on whatever food they have to offer. I did the latter and it was just awesome. :)

First off the waiter knows the menu well and he was incredibly patient with us. I was having a hard time choosing since everything sounded delicious. Eventually I settled for the house specialty for the night which was the Alaskan King crabs. I started with a glass of Malbec (I'm not very familiar with wines but I figured I walked several blocks I might as well try a glass or two). They served free bread, it was so-so. I can barely remember it. Then the shrimps, the clams, the salmon came one after the other and it was just pure seafood heaven. I absolutely love the shrimps in Blue cheese. The service was excellent. We were entertained by the background music (mostly played alternative rock, a mix of country and few pop songs). The food arrived quickly much to my surprise. The Alaskan king crabs was worth the wait. I loved it! :)

The best thing about this place is it's fairly priced for a sumptuous meal.

The waiter later offered us desserts but we declined thinking that we are still going to walk up to midtown to find the best cheesecake :)I wish to come back here but there are so many restaurants to be in in NYC that maybe once is probably enough :)
Baked Clams