City Center Rooms

Check Lodz Hotel Deals

City Center Rooms Lodz Reviews

EmyG EmyG
City Center Rooms Nov 20, 2015
The hotel is situated right in the centre of the main street of Lodz - Piotrkowska Street. I think there is no better location for visiting the city on foot. Most of the „city landmarks” are within walking distance from the hotel. On the map it seems that the bus stadion is close too but somehow the trip from the hotel to the bus station felt like eternity.

There are many restaurants, cafes and pubs around the hotel. The hotel is a good base to enjoying a nightlife.

The hotel is located on the first floor, so I had to climb with all the bags many many stairs. Then I get a room at second floor, and since there is no lift in the hotel I had to climb even more stairs. Uncool. This is not a hotel for old and disabled people. I'm not old and disabled though :P

On the first floor there is a nightclub at night and and breakfast area in the morning. Both are the same place. There are no rooms in this part of the hotel. The nighclub is a very dark place and smells smoky at times. Not the best place to have breakfast.

My room was of a decent size. It doesn’t look new. A small renovation would not hurt. When I got to my room it was clean with two towel bows waiting for me on the beds! The bed was decent. On every bed there were 3 pillows of different size. It doesn't happen often in Europe! Not in budget hotels! All rooms look out onto the block opposite. You can easily spy what others do. However there are dark curtains which provide you some privacy. It is up to you if you will use them or not. The view from the window is very ugly. All you can see is old, gray, dirty building which fall into ruin. Depressing view to be honest.

There was a kettle with tea and coffee sachets and two bottles of water and a fridge for your own use. The free wi-fi was quite fast.

The bathroom was nice but I didn't like its color. There was a spacious, well-pressurised shower, toilet and sink. There were plenty of towels and small cosmetics. It looked clean. However, when I came back to the room after the evening stroll, the bathroom smelled not good.

There was a big breakfast served in the morning included in the price. The breakfast area wasn’t nice but the food was amazing. Typical Polish breakfast. There were: breads and rolls of different kinds. There were hot sausages; cheeses; hams; pickles and other vegetables, boiled, fried or scrambled egg, pancakes and to them jams or nutella or honey. There were yoghurts of many kinds, homemade cakes. fruits. Tea, coffee, orange and apple juice up to choice. I could take as much as I wanted and as many times as I wanted! Ah I forgot that there were also cereals. A big selection of cereals! But I don’t consider cereals my food. Have I mentioned that before? Yes I have. Many times in fact. I wouldn't be me if I wouldn’t write that ha!

Overall it was a very good choice of hotel, mostly because of the location... and breakfast!
up up up with all my bags
this narrow building is the hotel!
"yard"
trippin_jen says:
The stairs would be a killer. The exterior looks nice although the surrounding seemed rather quiet.
Posted on: Nov 22, 2015