City Center Cafe

2680 So Escondido Blvd., Escondido, CA, USA

City Center Cafe Escondido Reviews

X_Drive X_Drive
You'd sure better be hungry!! Apr 25, 2013
My brother who lives in this area suggested this nice little place for a home cooking type meal. We take him to one very similar when he visits us in Visalia. One difference here is the size of the servings. They do not want you to go away hungry. My wife and I could have easily ordered one meal and shared it with some left over. The young man who served us was nice and helpful and kept our cups and glasses filled throughout the meal. The place doesn’t really have much in the way of atmosphere. It kinda looks like a Denny’s from years ago. And my brother says that the owner has two more locations in San Diego. The meal was moderately priced and like I said before, served much larger portions than needed.
X_Drive says:
You've got it pegged, Brian. In another night or two you will see a portion the way I like it, from an IHOP!! The waitress had fun returns to all of my silly comments and brought us a meal that was perfect. :D
Posted on: May 29, 2013
spocklogic says:
I have a sense of portions from your many previous reviews, Roger, and when you say big enough for 2 with leftovers I know what you mean - heapin' helpin' huge!
Posted on: May 29, 2013