City Cafe

Cathedral Street, Baltimore, MD, USA

City Cafe Baltimore Reviews

mainhart mainhart
You CAN have it all! Jan 15, 2011
I love Baltimore and try visiting the city on long weekends when I can. I was walking through the Mount Vernon neighborhood and I was starving. I found the City Cafe, which I had heard about, and decided to give it a try. It was a nice modern looking place, nothing special. There is a cafe part and a restaurant/bar part. I sat in the cafe. Anyway, I asked for a menu and saw a Crabcake sandwich and a shrimp salad sandwich. This was a dilemma. I love both and when in Rome... Anyway, I asked the attendant what her choice would be and she said they were both delicious. Well I was not about to order both... or was I? She pointed out the Baltimore Club Sandwich which had both a crabcake and steamed shrimp, with bacon to top it off. That sounded perfect so I ordered that. I also ordered the Cream of Crab Soup and a local coffee. Well the sandwich really was the best of both worlds! You can have your crabcake and eat it too. The soup was very good as well, just needed a little more kick. The local coffee was very tasty. The City cafe will definitely be on my To-Do List the next time I'm in Baltimore, which will hopefully be before too long.

Check Baltimore Hotel Deals