Città di Milano

Check Venice Hotel Deals

Città di Milano Venice Reviews

ean030 ean030
May not be worth it Jul 31, 2011
The Hotel Città Di Milano has two things to recommend it; excellent location and a fair price. It's much cheaper than other hotels in central venice, but of course; you only get what you pay for.

The hotel is less than 5 minutes from San Marco Square, and maybe 10-15 min from the Rialto Bridge. There are shops, resturanst and cafees all around, yet it's on a quiet corner. The perfect location for walking about in Venice.

The rooms are ok, not big, but clean. There is a sink in the room, a fan and the bed/beds, thats about it. The bathroom is in the hallway, shared by others on the floor. This gives it more a backpacker's feel than a hotel, and comes as a surprice. However, the bathroom is clean, the shower has decent waterpressure, and there is a second toilet.

Breakfast is included in the price of the room, but it's not much to brag of. A plastic covered croissant, some cereal with lukewarm milk, and varm juice and water on the side. One of the days there was icecubes in the juice, wich kept it nice and cool.

Because heat is the great problem of this hotel. There is no air-conditioning in the building. In summer in Venice, this is a major issue. The rooms are extremely hot at night, in spite of the fan's effort. Its warmer inside than outside. Sleeping is difficult, and you wake up swetty and hot.

The reception staff is friendly, but one of the three different we meet spoke decent english. We got good advice on where to eat and directions to find our ferry to Croatia.The housekeeping on the other hand is strict, I was chased out of my room at 10 because the maid wanted to clean it, never mind that I had just got out of bed. At least I got 10 min to put some clothes on...

The location is so good that it almost makes up for the heat. But after a long hot day in the city, the last thing you want is a longer, hotter night in your hotel. Several other guests complained when we where there, and some moved out during their stay. We had an ok stay, but I can't recommend it to anyone. I will not be staying there again.

Check Venice Hotel Deals