Citizen Smith

0131 226 2378

Citizen Smith Edinburgh Reviews

ajdennis1980 ajdennis…
Great live music, great venue and great drinks! Apr 13, 2010
This was my favourite bar we visited over the weekend (27th March 2010) in Edinburgh. Formally named Fithly McNasty.

I was on a hen do so by this time I had had a few so apologises if this review is a little brief in places.

There was a large group of us but we managed to squeeze ourselves into the already busy stone box that is Citizen Smith's, the atmosphere was brilliant. There was band playing live music and they were amazing. They played well known covers from the likes of Blur and The Stone Roses and strangely the Jungle Books, I Wan'na Be Like You‎ to finish (don't ask me how I remember that!) I wish I could remember their name, but alas!

The pub is cosy with a mix of sofa's, benches & tables and chairs for seating. There is also giant ant on the ceiling, reminding me of the one in 'Honey I shrunk the kids'.

The staff were really friendly and were happy to suggest their best drinks. Try the Moscow Munter, a variation of a Moscow Mule but using alcoholic Ginger Beer! Or just have the Ginger Beer on it's own, I can't believe it took me this long to find it :)

Overall a brilliant place to hang out with friends and enjoy several drinks.

Check Edinburgh Hotel Deals