Cititel Express Kota Kinabalu

Cititel Express Kota Kinabalu Rates and Deals

Cititel Express Kota Kinabalu Reviews

Airportman Airportm…
Cheap, clean but small rooms in a good hotel Jun 03, 2011
I had booked this hotel online and with the help of Karena. We would be staying there for 7 nights, divided into 2 different periods, 4 nights the first time and then 3 nights the second time.

The first time we got a room 724, a double room on the 7th floor with ocean view. The second time we got room 512, a double room on the 5th floor with of the parking lot.

The price for every night was 130 MYR/RM (around 30 euro or around 44 US dollars). The price was room charge only, as we had decided we would get breakfast somewhere else.

To use the elevator in the hotel, we had to use our room card to activate it, then we pressed the floor number to go up. I clever system to keep (most) unwanted guests out.

Both rooms were clean, but small. Luckily there was a small storage space big enough to put my suitcase in or else there was hardly any room to open it, unless when I had put it on the bed. The bed was good, but a bit too small for my height. As with most hotel beds I slept on in Asia, my feet stuck out.

The bathroom was clean and quite big compared the rest of the room, almost as big as the sleeping area of the room. There was the usual shower gel (in a dispenser) & soap and showercap provided. There was also a flatscreen tv on the wall and a safe in the room.

We wanted to use internet on the room and had to pay 10 MYR/RM (around 2,50 euro or around 3,50 US dollars) for 24 hours. We were given a loginname & password. During our second stay, I bought internet time for 1 hour, which costed me 5 MYR/RM (around 1,20 euro or around 1,70 US dollars).

But unlike the Cititel Mid Valley hotel (same company) in Kuala Lumpur, this hotel did not provide the complementary water. As for the location of the place, it was about a 10 minute walk to the ocean and there were taxis parked next to the hotel. The hotel also has a parking lot, free of charge if you're staying there. Don't forget to have the ticket signed & stamped at the front desk each time get a new one.

Despite the small room, we had 7 good nights in the room and next time if I was to stay in a hotel in Kota Kinabalu, I would pick this hotel again.
Hotel by day
Scan lock on the door
Our room "724"
Our small room
darlenemartin says:
Thanks, Ivar! :D
Posted on: Apr 10, 2012
Airportman says:
I answered both your questions on your profiles :)
Posted on: Apr 09, 2012
Daive says:
Thanks for the recommendation. If I do go to KK, I would like to see the small islands so I have the same question as darlenemartin :)
Posted on: Apr 09, 2012
WheresHelen WheresHe…
WYSIWYG May 06, 2011
Cititel Express Kota Kinabalu is one hotel suited for business travelers rather than holidaymakers.

What you see on its website, is what you get when you get there. The hotel rooms are small so there's practically no room for you to do sommersaults or add a bed.

I took the room with double beds and a window and it costs me RM130 per night.

If you are thinking of spending the whole day outside and only coming back to the room to sleep, then I think Cititel Express is a good pick. Otherwise, I suggest you stay somewhere else with more spacious rooms and better amenities. After all, holidays are meant to be enjoyable even just within the room.

The front office staff were fabulous. They served with much politeness and were very informative.

There's a cafe on ground floor of the hotel. In case you're tired of hotel food, there are a few coffeshops just beside the hotel that you can go to.

Parking lots are ample right outside the hotel. The only thing is, it's uncovered. But it helps to solve parking issues.

Asia City is located on the right of the hotel and Suria Sabah is just about 10-15 minutes to the back of the hotel so shopping is pretty convenient.

Wherever I went by taxi from the hotel whether it's the airport or 1Borneo Shopping Mall, the fare was fixed at RM30 per way. The hotel was located about 10 minutes from the airport and 20 minutes from 1Borneo shopping mall.

If you are not into luxury hotels, then Cititel Express will certainly make a nice an affordable stay.
WheresHelen says:
I didn't want to come back to KL in a wheelchair so I didn't try doing it haha!
Posted on: May 06, 2011
iramalama says:
Were you able to at least do a partial sommersault?
Posted on: May 06, 2011

Cititel Express Kota Kinabalu Overview

This hotel enjoys a central location in this bustling Malaysian city. There are shopping centers, museums and other diversions within easy reach of the Hotel Cititel Express Kota Kinabalu. Kota Kinabalu also boasts a great deal of natural beauty and, 45 minutes from the city, there is a large national park that constitutes a major attraction. The Kota Kinabalu International Airport is the nearest airport to the Cititel Express Hotel Kota Kinabalu, not far from the city center.

Air conditioning is a standard amenity in all of the lodgings at this hotel. The Cititel Kota Kinabalu also provides its guests with satellite television service, safes and private baths in all of the 275 rooms for hire at this establishment. The hotel carries a 3-star rating.

There are a host of amenities available to guests of the Cititel Express Kota Kinabalu right on the premises. Guests who arrive in their own vehicles will find parking readily available. There is also a restaurant located on the premises. There are a host of resources right next to the hotel, as well.

Cititel Express Amenities

• Direct dial phone
  • Facsimile
  • Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower