Citin Hotel Pudu Kuala Lumpur

Citin Hotel Pudu Kuala Lumpur Rates and Deals

Citin Hotel Pudu Kuala Lumpur Reviews

richienorichie richieno…
Old School Building Feb 15, 2013
Citin is 3stars hotel, located in Pudu terminal or Plaza Rakyat Station, near China Town. I stayed here 2times. Praise the lord I got promotional price, around 3 USD per night. I know, many of you would kill me. Hell yeah.

Rooms are-not-too-small, a bit frowsty due to the age of the building, I think they built it when Adam ate forbidden fruit in heaven.

They have mineral water refill in floor 2. So wherever your floor are, make a stop at floor 2! Every traveling, I always bring my own tumblr, fyi.

Room price in Citins are included breakfast. The menus are great. They have traditional and western food. Fruit juices and tea and coffee. Delish!
robopanda robopanda
Absolutely disgusting and unhygienic. Stay at your own risk. Jan 10, 2011
The publicity photos of this hotel are extremely misleading. Our room was disgusting. There was grime on the walls and the light switches. The sheets, blankets, and pillowcases had mystery brown and red stains on them. They weren't even white; they were tinged yellow. I actually took the pillowcase off and the actual pillow was GRAY and LUMPY. You could feel the bed springs in the mattress. The towels were similarly

stained and looked unclean. The service at the front desk and housekeeping was awful. Everytime we requested something like a hair dryer or toilet paper it would never arrive in a timely manner. One time I requested a hair dryer and it didn't arrive until the NEXT DAY after I had called multiple times to remind them about it. Then later that day the front desk called to take back the hair dryer. Do they only have one hair dryer circulating through the entire hotel? We also requested a Do Not Disturb sign because we did not want housekeeping to clean our room. After requesting this sign multiple times we were told that they did not have a sign and assured us that housekeeping would not enter our room. But once we returned from being out the whole day it was apparent that they had come in and straightened things out, against our wishes. We caught the night time security guard asleep on the couch in the lobby. Please check out the photos I posted for proof of this hotel's uncleanliness. You will see how all the "white" bedsheets are all different shades of yellow. A motel 6 in the states would have been better quality than this dump.
The bedsheets next to a piece of p…
The lumpy, old, gray pillow which …
The stained towel.
Close up on stained towel.
sarahsan says:
It´s an absolutely disgusting place and the service was terrible.
Posted on: Jan 10, 2011
sarahsan sarahsan
You are much better off somewhere else Aug 08, 2010
When I arrived a small group was checking out. The reception area was so small so there was not room for everybody. I had to wait for my turn out in the street. When it was finally my turn I was met by the most unfriendly reception staff. They could at least have tried to smile. O´boy, did they hate their job! The security guy at the door was much friendlier than the hotel staff themselves.

Their website said that the hotel was newly renovated (2007). I was there in January 2008 and it looked far from it. The pictures on their website does not reflect the real rooms.

I had gotten a good deal and did not expect anything fancy, but I did expect it to be clean (sheets were the only clean thing in the room). Cleanliness does not cost anything! The room was small, very basic, dirty and smelly. Probably due to carpet and humid air. As if it had been closed up for a long time. The walls were miscoloured by water leakage. Due to busy streets around the hotel it was also a bit noisy.

The bathroom was in a bad shape. It really needed renovation. There was no shower curtain so the bathroom, including the loo, was flooded after every shower. The towels were smelly too. The bed was a bit on the hard side, but this I find common in South East Asia.

Wired internet was free in public areas. A breakfast buffet was included, but it was nothing great. The breakfast serving tables were very stained with dirty food. It was like that every day during my three day stay.

On my second day I had received an ad for a spa and asked a girl in the reception if she could call and make a reservation for me since I did not have a mobil phone. She said she could not because her telephone did not work outside the hotel. Great help! I´m sure if I had robbed her she would have been able to call the police!

If the hotel had been clean and the staff friendlier it would have been a good place to stay. The hotel is located a short walk from China Town and Petaling street. The Puduraya bus terminal is just across the street and a metro stop is next to it. It is also possible to walk to Kuala Lumpur Tower (1,2 km).

Don´t waste your money on this hotel. The Citin Hotel Pudu lets the city of Kuala Lumpur down!
My room
My room
Bathroom
Glynnes says:
Doesn't not sound like a nice place.

Thanks for sharing!

Chokk says:
Sound good to avoid:))
sarahsan says:
Very glad you did not stay in this one Francis! Good for you!
travhormones travhorm…
Right across the bus station Aug 08, 2009
Coming from Singapore, the coach bus dropped us off at Pudu Raya bus station. Citin hotel was just opposite from here; the only challenge was crossing the busy street! You can use the overhead bridge to get there too. Can't miss it.

The area around the hotel is slightly dodgy, but it's crowded, even at night, so it's easy to ignore the dodgy characters.

The hotel was clean, and we had a deluxe room which had a view of the Petronas towers and Menara KL. Size-wise, it is sufficient. Smell-wise, our floor seemed to smell of smoke, but it's only slight and quite bearable.

The power plug in my room was not working. The bathroom was alright, although the glass panel seemed a bit flimsy.

Free internet is available on 2 computers in the café. Breakfast was also a good spread.
In comparison to our friends' room…
Another angle of our room.

Citin Hotel Pudu Amenities

• Photocopier
  • Desk
  • Facsimile
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Towels