Flushing, New York
Citi Field - Adam Dunn at bat

Citi Field Flushing Reviews

mrgishi mrgishi
New Mets stadium much better than Shea Sep 20, 2009
A friend of mine is a ballpark collector, so we had to make to the new Mets stadium before their first season in it was over. While Citi Field was only my 15th ballpark, it was his 40th! Since the Mets were out of the playoff race, it was Sunday competing against NFL games, and they were playing the lowly Nationals, we were able to get tickets for over half off from StubHub. So our tickets were really good, right behind the visitors’ dugout. It was a beautiful 75 degree day full of sunshine. However in September, even a 1 PM game was in the shade after the 3rd inning on the 3rd base side. If you are looking for sun, go on the 1st base/right field side.

Citi Field is smaller are more interesting than Shea. It has a similar feel to the Phillies' and Nationals' newer stadiums. The foul territory around the plate is very small, so seats in the infield are close to the action. Jets still scream overhead at a rate of 5 to 10 an inning just like they used to at Shea.

Our tickets were $175 face value. I don't know why anyone would pay that for a regular season game. We got them on StubHub for $70 each. My Italian sausage hot dog was $7.25!

Related Travel Blogs About Citi Field

Citi Field
It is no secret that we love to visit baseball stadiums.  I had only been to one stadium in the last two years and it was a repeat.  A quick glance at the 2011 baseball schedule reminded me… It is no secret that we love to visit baseball stadiums.  I had only been to one stadium in…

Check Flushing Hotel Deals