Cite du Train - French Railway Museum

2 Rue Alfred de Glehn, Mulhouse, France
03 89 42 83 33

Cite du Train - French Railway Museum Mulhouse Reviews

Vikram Vikram
No doubt stunning, marred only by a disorganised tourist experience Oct 09, 2017
I was going to write a very long review when I realised that Wiki has covered it a lot better than I would've. So here's the link:

My personal opinion - the front staff are very friendly and it is reasonably priced. My only gripe is, the audio guide will supposedly recognise your location and start playing the corresponding description accordingly. Unfortunately, that wasn't to be. And as there were no number signs for the displays (and very little lack of description boards), I just sauntered through the 2 big hallways staring at the coaches and engines trying my best to comprehend their historical significance.

That said, no doubt it's a brilliant collection.

And the fact that it's a bit away from the city centre means tourists don't just stumble on it accidentally, but the ones that come here are the ones that are truly passionate. So it felt relaxed and very little crowd meant I didn't have to elbow my way through!

I would heartily recommend this museum! One simply has to stare and gape and admire at all the great pieces, and what a long way we've come in the world of train travel: from steam engines to electric.
alectrevor says:
Did you go to the National rail museum in York ?
Posted on: Nov 16, 2017