Cite (Science and Nature Museum)

30 avenue Corentin-Cariou, Paris, France

Cite (Science and Nature Museum) Paris Reviews

dqfn1 dqfn1
A science museum within a park? Mar 13, 2007
This museum is about science, at the time I visited it there was an exhibition about Aliens, I thought that was the nature part... but the name is: Cité de Science et de L'Industrie. So it's about indusry too.

This museum is simply huge, I've never seen a hall this size. At least two escalators (one going up, one going down) either one or two elavators and at least two seperate stairs.

The museum is divided into seperate parts about geology, science, industry and temporary exhibitions. Part of the museum is a astronomy secion which I haven't seen, but it's on the outside in the sphere... I've only seen the outside of it.

The sphere is in a park, which is allways open to public, the park is quite big and filled with pieces of art.

Unfortunatly the entire museum is in French... so in case you don't speak that language you might have a hard time. But it doesn't make this museum less nice to visit. This museum is perfect for children and youngsters.
amedeah says:
I loved visiting Cité des Sciences, I truly am a child at heart and that combined with the interactive exhibits just hit the right spot. The light expo was a very fun and interesting one to see, I wouldn't miss that (as far as I remember, it's a permanent part of the museum).
Posted on: Jul 12, 2012
dqfn1 says:
No problem, I still had to write about this museum... still some from my journeys left :D
Posted on: Feb 08, 2011
Glynnes says:
I enjoy Astronomy. Thanks!
Posted on: Feb 08, 2011
cotterb cotterb
Oct 15, 2005
This is a great Science Museum and is worth visiting. They say that it is one of the largest in Europe. While science remains the same regardless of culture it is neat to see what they choose to show off. This museum has a large light wave area where people can explore how light reflects, is transmitted, and how it is perceived by the human eye. This was a ton of fun and very informative. Additionally they had some demonstrations related to gas. One guy was even suspended, inside of the museum, from a helium balloon, using large paddles as wings. That was impressive.

Everything in this museum was in French. I don't recall much if anything being in English but I didn't find this to be much of a distraction. The cost was free when I was there because they were having a free day, as museums often do but is generally 7.50EU for the full day. The planetarium costs 3.00EU more. I would have paid that for what I saw without hesitation.
One of the entrances to the museum
A view from the museum.
They were holding a Star Wars expo…

Check Paris Hotel Deals