Citdael Youth Hostel

Check Jerusalem Hotel Deals

Citdael Youth Hostel Jerusalem Reviews

ckstudios ckstudios
Great location, not the cleanest... Jul 11, 2011
I stayed at the Citadel Youth Hostel for only 2 days, 1 night. You have to go through the Old City in order to get to this hostel, so try to pack light. We had huge suitcases and since it is all stairs in the Old City, it's not the best thing to carry and bypassers will be a bit annoyed that you're holding up traffic. Oops!

When we arrived, one of the pipes outside of the hostel front door had burst, and it was spewing sewage everywhere. We had to walk through foul smelling water to get inside. Of course that doesn't happen every day so don't just base your accomodations on that single comment. However, when we got up to our room, I checked the bathroom, and in the corner of the shower, there was a spot that looked like mold and it was black. When I looked closer, it turned out to be a swarm of flies. Needless to say, we skipped our showers that night.

We were intrigued by the "sleeping on the roof" option, which I think is cool, but we did not have our own sleeping bags. Some people did try it when we were up there, so that might be an option for you.

The view was great. We could see the Dome of the Rock, except our windows had metal bars on them which kind of took away from it.

The beds seemed decent...I was a bit skeptical on how clean they were because the sheets did have some unknown stains, but they smelled clean...

I didn't really get a chance to talk to staff. They seemed average. The person at reception was always surfing the internet.

The hostel is in a great location, but in terms of amenities and cleaniless, it is nothing to brag about. The pictures they show on the internet of their stone walls are not standard for all rooms. I only saw stone walls in the lobby and the stairs. I stayed in a private room and it was plain white walls. I honestly would not stay in this hostel again, and I would probably look elsewhere.

Check Jerusalem Hotel Deals