Cirque du Soleil - O

Las Vegas, Nevada
Cirque du Soleil - O - KA -Cirque Du Soleil
Cirque du Soleil - O - In our seats ready for the SHOWWW!!
Cirque du Soleil - O - The clown walked around the audience to make fun before the show
Cirque du Soleil - O - O show stage
Cirque du Soleil - O - Getting ready for O, outside the theatre

Cirque du Soleil - O Las Vegas Reviews

Eric Eric
Amazing Acrobatics and a Technical Marvel Dec 15, 2010
"O", a Cirque du Soleil performance at the Bellagio, is an amazing performance that will blow your mind. The acrobatics are amazing, including some truly heart-stopping dives and balancing acts from dozens of feet up.

The entire show is performed on a stage that shifts between solid ground and deep pool, which is a technical marvel in itself. I don't know how they coordinate all the moving pieces, especially when any error would cost a performer a few broken bones (or worse), but if you're a geek you'll probably appreciate the technical coordination of the show as much as the show itself (as I did) :)

Only downside is that it's very expensive ($150+ for a ticket), but just win a few rounds of poker and you should be set to go.
ariluvs2travel says:
O is approx 120 on lastminute.com I saw it last year! Most amazing Cirque Du Soleil show ive seen out of 4 shows.
Posted on: Apr 29, 2011
AndrewWK says:
One of the highlights of my Las Vegas holiday. Truly spectacular!
Posted on: Feb 12, 2011
melissalea says:
I saw this along with 'Love'at the Mirage while in Vegas. Amazing!!!
Posted on: Dec 16, 2010
kyuri18 kyuri18
Definitely the best show I have ever seen!! Jan 24, 2010
This show is simply breathtaking. Actually, I can never express in words how wonderful the show is. I just watched this show filled with awe from start to finish, and trust me, I am not that easy to please—I was bored to death and even fell asleep during the KA by Cirque du Soleil, the David Copperfield magic show, Crazy Horse, the Lion King, and many other shows I have seen in Vegas. But this one was really outstanding and not like any other show.

First, the stage in the Bellagio was so huge and enormous. Talking about the stage, it was so amazing to watch it transform from ground into water. And the amazing performances take place on the stage as it transfroms from scene to scene-- in, on, above the water and the ground. I had a middle orchestra seat which could overlook the entire stage, and it was definitely worth it spend $150 for an A seat. Of course there are cheaper seats as well, but they often have a limited view. Also, the front seat is not so good also as you will get wet from splashing water.

The show was half an hour long, and I was totally taken into a surreal world during the show that I even felt like I was in a dream. The set, costumes, swimming and diving perfomances by the synchronized swimmers and divers, the swing performances by the aerialists, the fire performance during which was the performer's body was on fire the whole time, the acrobatic dances, and the singer who turned up to sing in the air... I couldn’t help but doubt what my two eyes were witnessing. Besides the performances, I really liked the soundtrack of the shows so much, especially Mer Noire, that I even downloaded it on my iPod.

Obviously, the show is a bit pricey, but I can promise you that you will never regret spending the money on the show. I mean, what more could you ask for $150? The amount for a good seat to the show was definitely the most worthwhile purchase I have ever made, and I would spend the money on the show again every time I go back to Vegas!!
O show stage
The clown walked around the audien…
The clown walked around the audien…
512traveler says:
thanks for the great reviews... looking forward to the O show in Oct... =)
Posted on: May 10, 2011
sarahsan says:
I would love to see Cirque du Soleil
Posted on: Dec 13, 2010
kyuri18 says:
Thanks for the comment and the smile Glyness:)
Posted on: Dec 12, 2010
huddleston huddlest…
Worth every penny! Mar 30, 2010
When I was in Las Vegas for Labor Day a few years back, I was convinced by friends to see a show. I about had a conniption when we “decided” on “O.” Opening my wallet and shelling out $150 to see a circus was a shot through the heart. Considering my plane ticket from Denver was only $99, I had a hard time justifying spending more money on a show than my flight. All I can say is that I am sure happy I overcame the initial nausea… it was the best $150 I have ever spent.

Cirque du Solie is a "dramatic mix of circus arts and street entertainment" that was first founded in 1984. It has since grown to many different shows both touring and resident shows at resorts. All of the shows have distinct story lines and infuse different types of circus and performance acts from around the world. There are no performance animals, and all shows are performed to live music (which is in my opinion one of the most spectacular parts about Cirque du Solie).

"O" is one of more than 20 shows worldwide and is a resident show at the Bellagio. The name "O" is literately a play on words. It is the phonetic spelling of the French word for water, eau. The show is an absolute masterpiece, thick with surrealism, inspired by infinity and "elegance of water's pure form." The performers are World-class acrobats, synchronized swimmers, and divers. "O" is performed in an amazing 100 million dollar theater, centered around a 1.5 million gallon tank. The physics of the stage itself kept me entertained during the show. The way the water moves, and the stage lifts up through the tank is beautiful.

The combination of acrobatics, diving, and swimming is a treat. I must have looked quite silly during the entire show. For I have often told people I sat with my mouth agape during the entire thing. Truly, the performance brought tears to my eyes. Words really cannot describe how amazing the performances were, or the way I felt after seeing the show. I was so moved and inspired, in a way that I really can’t put into words. Simply put, it was beautiful. If you are debating whether to splurge on tickets, I urge you to do so. Expensive is relative after seeing "O." I swear you'll thank me!
Getting ready for O, outside the t…
In our seats ready for the SHOWWW!!
HuBison HuBison
"O" my gosh-what an amazing show! Dec 19, 2010
In order to get the best seat, you would do best to call and speak with someone when buying your tickets while looking at the seating map online. I believe if you sit in the first 4-6 rows, you are likely to get wet. For this type of show, you really need to save you money throughout the year and buy some good seats. Don't sit on the sides or too far in back. I was in the 8th row right in the middle and it was AMAZING. Yes, the show is expensive and you might not understand the plot, but the acrobatics are AMAZING!!!

Also, bring a sweater cause it can get so cold in there. I ab-so-lute-ly HATE being cold and had considered walking out and warming up, but ushers do not permit people to walk around and one of my friends lent me her sweater.

If you get there late, an usher will keep you in the back until the right time to sit and you will miss some of the show. Be sure to get your money's worth and arrive on time. You don't know how fast the line will move or how long it will take to negotiate to your seat.

In re-cap, other than proper prep, be ready to be awed. It is as wonderful of a show as people say it is and I can't imagine many people having regrets!
BrookeLaing BrookeLa…
Stunning Show Dec 15, 2010
Very impressive theater within the MGM grand hotel...unbelievable stunts very talented...well worth the money..worked out bout 35GBP
Miranda-Maas Miranda-…
Spectacular show in the Bellaggio Apr 23, 2009
Everybody knows Cirque du Soleil and many people have already visited a show. For me, this was the first time. I didn't know which so we should visit. I think there are 3 or for different Cirque du Soleil shows and i didn't know anybody who visited one of those. So i chose O without a reason. In this show, there's a pool on stage or actually in stage. The depth of this pool is changing all the time so accrobats can do different kind of acts in the pool. Not only in the pool, but also in the air you can see the accrobats performing a great show. It's really unique. The acts of the accrobats are succeeded by acts of two clowns, which is fun. Another thing i liked about the show is the beautiful music. One tip, if you decide to go here, don't get tickets for the first rows. You'll get wet here. Don't get tickets for the last rows either. You'll be sitting very far away from the theather and very high.
mkarinaa mkarinaa
Cirque du Soleil - O Sep 12, 2009
Anytime you hear Cirque du Soleil you know it'll be amazing. This one is great. Just make sure not to sit in the "splash zone" because no one wants to come out wet! Unlike other Cirque du Soleil theaters this one has a few bad spots, the splash zone and the side. If you're too far on the left or the right you can't see a small part of the stage. So if you can try to sit dead center, it'll be worth it.
bonz137 bonz137
Unbelievable Show - unbelievably expensive Apr 19, 2008
Thank God, I did not pay for these tickets. The family members that we were with paid for them. We had awsome seats, 4th row, but they cost $165 each!! The show is amazing, it is everything said in reviews and more. It is definately something that you have to see for yourself to even grasp the concept. Still over priced though. Even before the show starts there are ushers to entertain you and they are hillarious! Of course there's not talking during the show but even if you are not a 'theater person' you will not go away disappointed.

You cannot take pictures but there are videos and such for sale. These people make a lot of money.
KA -Cirque Du Soleil
acgemt says:
I saw the show this past November and absolutely loved it!!! Sitting in the front of the theater is definitely worth the price (but yes, it can get expensive).
Posted on: Feb 01, 2009
Azzah31 says:
LOVED this show!!! I loved every part of it, it was the best show I've ever seen! I would pay the price, it is pricey but it's definitely worth every penny, better than a Celine Dion concert I'd say.
Posted on: Jan 25, 2009
Koralifix says:
Well done! Congratulations from New Zealand :)
Posted on: Jan 24, 2009
lagunachick0122 lagunach…
A Mysterious and Phenomenal Show Sep 11, 2008
This was one of the few shows that I went to while I was in Las Vegas for my 21st birthday. I was staying at the MGM Grand hotel and my mom ended up surprising me with tickets for that show and another one. But this was on that I knew I was going to enjoy. Based on fire elements and earth, it captivated not only myself but the rest of the audience from the beginning of the show. I was in aw as I watched trapeze artists and high flying people all around me. I don't want to give too much way, but all I can say is that it was worth every penny to see this. It's myserious and eye popping. The costumes were full of color and the music reminded me of a chase scene from Ghost Rider because the music is dark and it has you on the edge of your seat the whole time. All I have to say is go and see it for yourself.
vances vances
Jul 09, 2006
An absolutely wonderful performance that blends comedy, acrobatics, splendid costumes and impressive imagination! It is rare that I am in the grip of fascination through an entire performance, but Mystere is over before you know it and leaves wishing it would go on and on....Best part is that it suits every audience. There is sly adult humor which doesn't beg questions from your children (except for the single instance where a raised middle finger punctuates the joke). But this was overshadowed by a complete treat for the senses. The lights and costumes were visually pleasing and some of the acrobatic displays were really quite astonishing...often performed as cosmic interactions with geographic objects. If you have more brains than me you might be able to interpret the theme (there was obviously some grand tale being shared), but although I couldn't decipher any philosophical commentary I was enthralled nonetheless. If you go and understand the message, please feel free to clue me in.....It is rare that I feel comfortable recommending anything to general audiences...but the artistry of this performance should appeal to virtually everyone!
foolz0r foolz0r
Feb 15, 2006
Hey, definitely go see "O" by Circ du Soliel if you're in Vegas- it's a water themed Circ du Soliel presentation. It's sensational; they built this huge area w/ a pool with adjustable depth just for the show. Unbelievable stunts that they do... including launching people like 50ft. off this huge swing as they fly around doing tricks before finally landing/diving in the water. Most fun I've ever had in Vegas. Pricey but worth it; better than the typical flashing lights/legs show.

Check Las Vegas Hotel Deals