Cirque de Navacelles

Le Vigan, France

Cirque de Navacelles Le Vigan Reviews

davidx davidx
Somewhhat beyond words Nov 19, 2010
I reckon to be fairly good with words but this place is a bit beyond what I can describe and without looking at the excellent photos on the website, you would end up with little idea of what the Cirque de Navacelles is like, if you have not seen it.

I am very taken with the scenery of cirques but generally I have a rough picture of what I am going to see. This is not very much like any other cirque I have seen. The normal shape is like a horseshoe but if this brought to mind anything, it was a bangle! It is not quite round because there is a gap large enough to drive into the hamlet at the bottom but, when there, you definitely have the impression of being surrounded.

Technically it is in the Cevennes region but this region is mostly associated with the high wooded mountains lying north of Le Vigan, whereas this lies to the south just east of the Causses and seems more to belong to the Causses.

There! You were warned. if you have not already done so, go to the website to get an idea of how it looks - and if you ever have the chance, get to see it. I can almost guarantee that you will be gobsmacked!

Check Le Vigan Hotel Deals