Ciro Passami L'olio!

020 618 8420

Ciro Passami L'olio! Amsterdam Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Fabulous food and service Apr 28, 2010
As I entered and said that I was alone I thought I heard Hmmm; this happens sometimes when I travel alone and enter a restaurant. Some places calculate everything in turnover per table. One table could earn you two main courses and so on and a whole bottle of wine.

The food looked good that was served on the other tables and the atmosphere was real Italian; lively, loud and nice. Not quite like a Fellini movie, but almost there; to me Fellini was a master in showing daily life. After having seen the senses in bloom I decided to have a good meat; I was not in a hurry or anything so I decided to opt for something good.

I ordered a Peroni and I recognized the smile; I had ordered an Italian beer that was not on the menu. I was accepted, the table thing was gone. He explained the today's and decided to take the lamb he suggested.

I looked at the menu and decided to go red from the start. The lamb would fit and the bresaola looked nice too. Then there were the wine; I usually would have gone for the Barolo but being alone, I decided for a Chianti Classico Brolio from 2007.

I forgot that I was in Holland; I had already placed almost a 100 euro order, and I was getting interested in their cheese plate as dessert.

Inside there were a lot of small two person tables; they looked quite nice and they were not crowded next to each other. I don’t know if it was a reflection of irony slash sarcasm or support that there were 3 pictures of one of the most corrupt figures in Italy; Berlusconi on the wall that couldn’t be seen from the street. The paintings had nice colours but they should have been used for dart board.
A great wine