Circus Circus Hotel & Casino Las Vegas

Check Las Vegas Hotel Deals

Circus Circus Hotel & Casino Las Vegas Reviews

steve71 steve71
Not the best Jul 17, 2013
I booked three nights at Circus Circus due to there being a special deal with my travel agent in London on arrival the queue to check in was lengthy and it took a good 30 mins to be seen and be given my room key etc,

The room itself was excellent but the main downside of the hotel is that it is extremely busy and it seems the staff are far too busy to ope with which means long queues etc,some of the deals like I had we were given a complimentary breakfast voucher to use at the cafe and you got a croissant ,fruit and hot drink,and this seemed to be too busy with long queues

The other downside to Circus Circus is that it is off the min strip and involves about a 10 minute walk to the strip or a bus ride which runs 24 hours day

All in all the room was fine but the service not so good
Africancrab Africanc…
Tower Rooms with a View Jan 14, 2011
My family and I, stayed at the Circus Circus Hotel on the Las Vegas strip during a recent visit. I had stayed there twice before, but this time around the hotel looked rather worn out and darker on the Sky tower side of it. Renovations are under way and some of the areas have been cut off. Besides that, I pre-booked the hotel using at a price I thought was a winner $38/ night. I booked 2 separate rooms 1 with a King bed and the other with 2 queens, since I had my daughter and girlfriend with. I booked 2 nights with a mind to book the Stratosphere for the rest of the stay.

What I thought was a great deal turned out not to be because, the hotel charges you extra on arrival for what they call resort fees. An extra $15 per room, which made the cost not really $38. That aside, our rooms were high up on the 23rd floor with an outstanding view of the strip, which I must say I'm the only one who seemed to care about. Mark and my girlfriend seemed unperturbed by my concern for rooms with a view.

The rooms were large, with much older décor, that need to be replaced. They had an old Mardi Gras theme, which by the way is part of the Circus Circus theme. The purple, green and gold mix made the room look darker. Our room was furnished with a dresser table and lamp, the table big enough for me to put my laptop and work from. The bedside tables were big enough with nice lamps. An old alarm clock was on my bed side. Apparently it went off each morning and only Mark could hear it, funny to think as I'm such a light sleeper (smile!)

The shower seemed to have recently been redone, it had a nice marble finish to it. The amenities included a shower cap, soap, plastic cups wrapped up in 4s. The vanity area by the sink was very large, which I loved. Fresh white towels, in fact they gave us a 2 day supply, which was great because I did not want house keeping coming around when we were out the next day.

Free WiFi access for hotel guests only. A password is required (well your last name and room number). This was a added bonus. Plus children below 3 eat free, I found out about the age thing after we left.

The hotel is located on the strip, so it is an easy walk to the Fashion Mall and most anything on the strip. Valet parking is available at the hotel for $2.00.

Recommended for families with children. The Hotel has an arcade where children can play games to their heart's desires. The Adventure Dome is for thrill seekers, also a great place for children. Well the parents have to pay for the games of course. Buying a whole day pass is cheaper for the arcade. Plus, children under 3 eat free.

Warning: Weekend prices are generally more expensive, in fact double the weekday pricing.
Circus Circus Hotel & Casino
Room with a King Bed
Access to the Elevators from the C…
23rd Floor, corridor to rooms
Africancrab says:
nyprne says:
Great detail. Congratulations for the feature.
Africancrab says:
Thanks for the congrats people. We had a good time.
rastamermaid rastamer…
Awesome for the fam! May 07, 2011
This was a family reunion trip,so I was game for Circus Circus.

Well it was a wonderful stay and play at the hotel with it's own amusement park.

My son got his face painted,rode rides,played games and had a wonderful time.

Wasn't really sure where Wet Willy's was and caught a cab outfront of hotel only to findout it was 2 blocks down the street.LOL

There's also alittle tram that takes you to the front of the hotel,my son loved it!

The food was good and plentiful as most places in Vegas are.

The pools and hot tubs are well kept and lifeguards were very professional and attentive to the kids.
wfo wfo
circus circus Oct 24, 2011
If you stay here make sure you get a really great rate, like comp. $20, for not much more than that you can stay at a major hotel in the main part of the strip on a weekday.

this was one of the first "themed" hotels, and was quite the pace to see once upon a time. But since the turn of the century, and absolutely since the closing of the stardust this property has taken a dive. I still visit now and then just to see if it has gotten better, just since i was so fond of this place. But if you have to "squeeze" a visit to this hotel, i would just pass.

so sad
sweetteasus sweettea…
Eh, It's Alright Jul 05, 2011
I've stayed at the Circus Circus Hotel and Casino about three times on each of my trips to Las Vegas, and like the title says, it's alright as most hotels go. It's great for kids, they've got an amusement park right on the property as well as a midway and circus acts. It's one of the reasons we kept staying there, actually. It's the perfect place if you have kids. I wasn't very pleased at the location, it's a little further down on the Strip, however it is close to the Downtown.
jmwhhh3 jmwhhh3
Circus Circus Nov 16, 2011
I stayed in the Manor Rooms across the street behind the Casino. I did not get the full "atmosphere" of the nightlife. It was a bit creepy walking alone at night to my room.

There was not even a coffee pot in the room for morning coffee. The rooms were Ok but the distance from the hotel was a disadvantage.
ccasey05 ccasey05
Circus Circus, Skip it Apr 26, 2011
Do not do it unless you are taking kids and are on a really tight budget! Imperial palace is a little better but not much. For around the same price Hooters and Excalibur are way better. Plus it is at the far end of the strip and a very long walk to all the excitement of the strip.
leelee24 leelee24
Mar 26, 2011
Stayed in their RV park. Good price for the strip and helpful staff.

Good showers too well worth the few extra pennies!!!
mickij mickij
Great for the Kids, overall just OK Sep 01, 2010
We went to Las Vegas to visit with family and decided to stay a few nights on the strip. I had my sons with me, one of whom was celebrating his 5th birthday so where else do you stay but Circus Circus! The rooms were fine enough but we had a very slow drain so the bathtub became extremely gross from standing water. We went out for the day and when we got back, late, the drain was unclogged but the tub had not been cleaned. I mean filthy gross tub scum everywhere. I called for housekeeping and it took almost an hour for them to come clean it. Not happy about that! Also, I understand them not wanting guests to hang out in the room, but to NOT have ANY kids channels such as Disney or Nick was very annoying! Of course, go spend money in the hotel/casino, but don't leave my kids bored when we ARE in the room, not cool! The hotel is clearly older (decor, no flat screens, dvd/cd, etc.) than its newer neighbors, but overall we had a good time. The free coupon booklet helped with food and games, so definitely a plus. Would I stay there again, probably not. Would I recommend for families on a budget, yes.
Sjoshie Sjoshie
Circus Circus Nov 09, 2009
CircusCircus is a Hotel on almost the end of the Stip. It's a very big hotel with a large casino area, a wedding chappel, lots of little stores and it has Adventuredome.

In front of the hotel there is a buss stop where you can hopp-on the Deuce. The Deuce is a buss that will go by every 10 minutes and drives up and down the strip.

The hotel is a very good places for families, because of the circus theme and Adventuredome. It is definiatly a good and fun stay for children.
gillian_luvs_u gillian_…
The Jan 12, 2009
Although most who have been to Vegas would probably understand that Circus circus is considered to be more downmarket than the hotels in the middle of the strip, it was still a magical unknown territory for me.

I travelled there when I was 14, with my family, for my cousin's wedding. Only used to average sized hotels in places like Benidorm and Majorca at this point, the difference to me was huge.

The hotels are not just called what they are because the owner's liked the name. This hotel actually has a Circus. But the excessiveness of it did not stop there. The hotel also had a 5 acre indoor theme park. Complete with a MacDonalds, Krispy Kreme, a Deli and an all you can eat Buffet. There were a few more but my memory fails me slightly.

Even the rooms, to me, were fantastic. Although I imagine that if you were used to staying at 5 star hotels all the time then you would not have thought it was as great as I did. I think my reason for the gushing about the room is that it was a bog standard twin room(that's what we booked anyway). In Britain or places in Europe that I have stayed that has always meant two single beds and an en-suite with usually just a shower and toilet, sometimes a television. But Here this was two double beds, a telivision, a great en-suite with a shower and bath. If I hadn't been so curious of the outside world then I may have just stayed in the room with the air conditioning watching TV with Krispy Kreme and MacDonalds.

There was also a pool outside and just across the road from us which always had plenty of space to swim and sit around the pool.

To sum up, I thought this hotel was great. It was inexpensive, spacious, well cleaned and fantastically located on the strip.
gillian_luvs_u says:
I was actually 15, just realised my error now but anyway that was 4 years ago. I couldn't argue with you about whether times have changed or not coz I haven't been in four years. Has it changed much?
Posted on: Jan 16, 2009
kag2110 kag2110
Why waste money on an expensive hotel instead of on the slot machines?? Jan 30, 2009
I am writing this review because of the many negative reviews I read before staying in Circus Circus. Because I am very cheap and was able to book a double room for $29/night, I tried it out anyway and was pleasantly surprised.

When staying in Vegas, you will probably not spend too much time in your hotel room so it is not necessary to get a luxury hotel. Circus Circus is located right on the strip and has excellent gaming. The rooms are not too exciting but are clean and spacious. If you have children (or are immature adults like us), you may want to purchase the daily wristband to the indoor amusement park... we really enjoyed it and you can come and go as you please throughout the day.

This is the perfect hotel for those who want a cheap, clean place to stay that is close to the strip. Not extravagant but great value!
sUrAbUyA says:
Loved your "immature adults" comment as that indoor amusement park was the main reason we stayed there. LOL We had no complaints with the room and ya the price was good too.
Posted on: Sep 28, 2010
Liselore_Verschuren Liselore…
Affordable hotel on the Strip Oct 22, 2009
In Las Vegas you have two types of hotels: extravagant and expensive buildings on the strip or the more simple and affordable places off the strip. The Circus Circus hotel is over the top, located at the strip (almost at the end) and doesn’t charge hundred’s of dollars for a small room.

It has very nice rooms (the view isn’t fabulous, but you can’t have it all), a huge casino, lots of good and not too expensive breakfast, lunch and dinner options, an indoor theme park with rides and, of course, a circus.

There is also a Dollar Rent A Car desk located in the hotel lobby.
The Circus Circus Hotel on the Str…
The Circus Circus Hotel on the Str…
Our room in the Circus Circus Hote…
stbak stbak
Cheap but dirty Jul 19, 2009
I've been to Vegas twice and both times I've stayed at this hotel. The first time a friend just brought me there because they have always stayed there and the second time we decided last minute to go there and it was the only place that was cheap and still on the strip that we could find. But if I decide to go back for the third time, I would definitely not stay here, the rooms are just not all that clean and sometime you can get stuck with one of their shuttle buildings in the back and it can be a bit of a pain.
debcon says:
Completely agree :)
Posted on: May 11, 2010
kranski kranski
"Fun for all the Family" Sep 05, 2008
This property is situated in an excellent location on the strip, amongst all the action. Like most casinos, drinks are free if your gambling. They have real Circus performances. Great fun for all the family... The rooms are nice and thre are plenty of them. I found it easy to get lost amongst all the slot machines, but that was half the fun. Vegas is all lights and all action. I would come back here again and again.
"I won bigtime on the slot machine…
thesweethereafter thesweet…
Affordable and central May 07, 2008
Very nice hotel situated in an ideal location in Vegas. Nice rooms and obviously very close to amenities. Price wise, it's about average compared to other hotels in the area.
debcon debcon
circus circus Dec 31, 2007
I stayed here for new years eve 2007 with my mum and some friends.

Now some people may have been lucky when they stayed here and recieved CLEAN rooms but we werent that lucky :(

We had food under the beds and chewing gum stuck behind the bed.The bathroom however was very clean.The really bad thing was our last night when i went to get into bed and noticed spots of dried blood all over it!!!????Not sure what that was all about!

I dont think the hotel is that bad you get what you pay for but i wouldnt stay there again.

I think it would suit a family more and im sure the rooms are normally cleaner :)
debcon says:
A friend of the family booked it as it was pretty much the only thing available over New Years.
It is rather old isnt it? Im sure someone told us it was going to be demolished but that was in 2007 so maybe not. :)
Posted on: May 11, 2010
nicolecarp says:
Oh I wish you had consulted a local prior to booking Circus Circus, they places has been around forever and I honestly wouldn't recommend it, it's bit crusty.
Posted on: May 07, 2010
ChristiPope ChristiP…
Sep 02, 2007
Ok, I received a deal to fly round trip and stay at Circus Circus. Since I had never been to Vegas, I took the deal thinking it was great. I was wrong. The actual hotel room was fine, but I did not care for the hotel at all. First of not use their pool if you stay there. The water in the pool was absolutely disgusting. Secondly, if you are able to afford a little extra to stay at another hotel I suggest you do so. We walked up and down the strip and went inside most of the hotels to see the attractions within. The atmosphere and class of people in any other hotel compared to Circus Circus was so much nicer. Circus Circus was definately a great playland for children, so I guess if you take younger kids you might enjoy some of the aspects. Just, like I said earlier, I do not suggest their pool!

Circus Circus Hotel & Casino Amenities

• Fitness Facilities
  • Jacuzzi
  • Barber/Beauty Shop
  • Beauty Salon
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower