Circuito Magico del Agua - Parque de la Reserva

Parque de la Reserva, Lima, Peru

Circuito Magico del Agua - Parque de la Reserva Lima Reviews

rsvpme rsvpme
Eyes.......that Water in Color ! May 06, 2012
Perhaps one of the saddest features of Lima, Peru is the belief that it offers little to the traveler. The general belief belief is that is is just a jump point to Cusco and Machu Picchu.

Before my first trip to Lima, I had read much about how the city was just a simple way station on the way to Cusco.

It seemed irrational to me that a population of 9.5 million people would not have a bounty of wonderful places to visit.

To me, it suggested that the conclusions of the Trav Buddy population were influenced and then corrupted by those who did not take the time to look.

I was proven correct over and over.The old city center is magical there are many attractions. The Center City Water Park actually called the " Parque de la Reserva", is just one.

Usually, I try and avoid tours because they offer much talk with a " quickie" snapshot of the desired location. They never stay long enough to get the real " feel" for any place. They become " I was there moments ".

As my hostal was in Mirafres, a quick taxi to the the park was cheap 16 soles or about 6.00 USA/ Canadian $$. Entry to the water park was very nominal.

The park itself is an amazing place that is devoted to fantasy.A display of fountains some choreographed to music, all with lights is featured at night.

Arrived at 5pm, which enabled going through the park twice. Once during daylight and the second during the fantastic, night light/sound show.

Some of the fountains are interactive, which enable people to go between bursts of water, and perhaps even get soaked. All in the fun, of the moment ...while in Peru. In short, one gets the chance to be a kid again.

There are 13 fountains with the highest shooting water jets 80 meters into the air. Laser rays of colored lights make the experience a visual delight in the evening.

This is a " NO Miss" place to visit, if one goes to Lima , Peru. It Was spectacular...and a GREAT way to spend the evening.
Reflection by water ...except vert…
I loved this Alice in Wonderland m…
This is just the start of a huge s…
This is when all pipes are spoutin…
rsvpme says:
Paul..Thanks for recognizing the feature and the many smiles....
rsvpme says:
Christian..Thanks for the recognition....
Paulovic says:
I see this one is featured some days ago! Well done! Deserved!
guillerminamc guillerm…
like disney world Sep 28, 2011
My trip to Lima was very sudden so I didn't do much research about what to do there and Lima's attraction.

Fortunately, a friend I met there took me to el Circuito Mágico del Agua in Parque de la Reserva.

I love this park!

It's beautiful and so much fun!

There are very nice fountains, also interactive ones where you can get in the middle of the fountain and try not to get wet.

The light and sound show is great, I felt like in Disney World!

It's educative too, because you learn about Peruvian costumes and dances.

It's very clean and well maintained.
danielsan80 danielsa…
A magical night! May 13, 2011
This park is located in the downtown of Lima. It is the biggest fountains park in the World and offers a really amazing music, water and laser show 3 times per night showing many traditional Peruvian dances.

You can find wonderful fountains around it, some of then gives you even the chance to play with it, specially on summer evenings. It is definitely a MUST if you visit Lima
SabrinaL22 SabrinaL…
A Must See attraction! Nov 10, 2010
I am quite proud to say that we have this type of attraction in my country. The park itself might not be located in the best area of Lima, but once u step foot inside, the park sure takes ur breath away. I was quite surprised to see how well it's maintained. The fountains are spectacular, it's quite a show! If you go to Lima, you cannot miss this!
yadilitta yadilitta
Beautiful fountains with a great show in Lima - Circuito Magico del Agua Mar 22, 2008
This Magic Circuit of water is relatively new and became one of the biggest attractions in the city. We all feel proud about having such a wonderful park in our hometown. It is a symbol of our life quality improvement and of modernity. Furthermore it has the Guinness Record as the biggest fountains' complex in the world and the highest fountain in a public park ;)

This circuit is a wonderful spectacle of "cybernetic" interactive fountains, where the water, light, music and images play perfect together. The technology here is one of the highest, which makes able to amazing choreographic displays, including laser effects.

The park is formed by 2 parks connected underground and has 13 fountains. The Magic is the tallest and the Fantasía (Fantasy) is the one with the show. The Arco Iris (Rainbow) has beautiful colors. The Túnel (Tunnel) is so fun, since you can walk under the water. The Niños (Children) is lovely. Children are always playing there, actually not only the children get wet there, haha.

The Fantasy fountain has a show 3 times a day, which is just wonderful. It's a display of water, lights, music. It seems the water is dancing according to the music, while you can see some images. Superb! The showtimes are: 7:15pm, 8:15pm and 9:30pm

I highly recommend visit this park. Better when it's getting dark, so you can see the lights better. When it's getting time for the show to start, try to go there some minutes in advance, so you can be close to it and see it better.

If it's winter, I'd recommend you to bring a jacket, since it can be a bit windy. In summer getting a bit wet is a blessing, haha.

Another pro is the cheap price of the ticket. You just pay S/.4 for the entrance and can enjoy the whole park as long as you want. By the way, after visiting the fountains, you could visit Lima Downtown. It looks completely different - and prettier - with all the lights on ;)
Rainbow Fountain
Children's fountain
Armony fountain
Fantasy Fountain
yadilitta says:
oh! I have to go there and see it. :)
Posted on: Dec 15, 2008
X_Drive says:
This looks very much like the Waltzing Waters show we went to in Fort Myers Florida on our Cross country trip last springs. VERY pretty!!! :D
Posted on: Dec 15, 2008