Cioppino's

400 Jefferson Street, San Francisco, CA, USA
www.cioppinosf.com - (415) 775-9311
Cioppino's  - I was defeated by the Cioppino!
Cioppino's  - THE cioppino! seafood Extravaganza!!
Cioppino's  - Crab cakes!
Cioppino's  - @Cioppino's

Cioppino's San Francisco Reviews

nylor nylor
Cioppino at Cioppino's May 20, 2011
Fisherman's Wharf has and always will be a tourist spot. And I love it. The first time I set foot on the wharf I didn't know what to do first. Everyone recommended to have a taste of sourdough and clam chowder at Boudin and I did just that. It was amazing as it was claimed to be. A few days later I returned to the wharf and decided to try something new. I walked the entire stretch of that wharf until I found an Italian restaurant completely empty at that time (it was 10am and no one seems to be hungry except me). So I went in. I was met by two marvelous waiters who seem to only have smiles to offer. I was given the option to sit on the bar or a table near the window. I chose the window mostly because I think it was too early to be tempted to drink. (wink2x).

They have two separate menus one for wines and spirits, the other for their main entree. I thought it was too early for wine so I settled on the entree. There was so many to choose from... from appetizer, entrees, desserts, etc... It was a bit overwhelming. I usually eat with a group where friends suggest this and that. But for the first time in my travel experience, I was traveling solo and apparently dining alone too. So the waiter helped me out when I was pleading for assistance. He suggested to try the crab cakes for appetizers and Cioppino for main entree. I have no clue what that was. It was described was a bountiful seafood extravaganza... So I thought why not??

I was fully entertained like VIP customer. Every few minutes or so the waiter would stopped by and asked how I was, sometimes would strike up a conversation or two which I appreciated. Eating alone is not as easy as it may look. I eventually got my crab cakes. One of the best crab cakes I've tasted so far I believe. It was topped with roasted peppers and pesto aioli sauce. I finished it in a second. (fine, in 5 minutes) :)

The most awaited Cioppino finally arrived. It does not appear much to me at first but when I started eating it, boy was I full and I was not even halfway through the bowl. Sure, it was seafood extravaganza, no doubt about it. I love it but I just could not finish it all up. It was just too much. Maybe next time I should order a small size :)

All in all it was a good place to eat with good service, good ambiance and good food. And it did not break my wallet. So i will definitely visit them again when I have the chance to visit San Francisco again :)
@Cioppino's
Crab cakes!
I was defeated by the Cioppino!
THE cioppino! seafood Extravaganza…
Eric says:
Great review, thanks for sharing!
Posted on: May 20, 2011