Cinema Paradiso

1 Ardmore Street Wanaka 9305, Wanaka, New Zealand

Cinema Paradiso Wanaka Reviews

sshaunaa sshaunaa
Cutest cinema in the world Dec 27, 2010
I went to see a movie at the 6:45pm showing on a Monday night. Due to the heavy rain in the area, the cinema's two evening shows were sold out by late afternoon, so book early! We stopped in around 3pm to buy our tickets.

It was definitely the most unique cinema I've ever been to. It has seating for about 50-70 people, with most of the seating being old couches and chairs, a couple rows of regular cinema seats and even a old car that you can sit in. The intro to the movie had local commercials which was nice as opposed to the bright and loud in your face commercials at most cinemas.

The movie didn't start until the owner made sure everyone could find a seat (it's first come, first serve), so it's worth getting there before the movie start time to get seats together.

The entrance to the cinema was quite crowded when we were there as the area is used for both people waiting to enter the cinema and a cafe which serves a decent size menu of food including a bunch of pizzas, coffees, teas, wine by the glass and bottle and freshly baked cookies.

I really enjoyed the evening and I would highly recommend it if you're in the area, even if the weather is agreeable and there are other things to do!!

Tickets cost $14 each.