Cişmigiu Gardens

Bulevardul Regina Elisabeta, Bucharest, Romania

Cişmigiu Gardens Bucharest Reviews

Vioweil Vioweil
Bucharest's Lover`s Park Oct 03, 2012
Cismigiu Park is situated in the center of the Capital and is the oldest park in Bucharest. It is considered to be the most beautiful park in Bucharest and was built when the city was in a golden age and called the "Little Paris".

The park centers around a large lake. Even on the hottest day there are shady places to rest here. You can watch the people playing chess or other board games; hire a boat (you can rent a boat for 1.50 Euros/hour); have a drink or meal in one of the park's restaurants or cafes; enjoy the flowers; take a look at the park's many statues or just enjoy a leisurely stroll. Sometimes there are Sunday concerts at the gazebo.

The garden is very impressive due to its floral arrangements and its interesting collection of dendrology. The park is never empty, in the summer being the perfect place to relax and in winter you can enjoy the natural skating ring on the lake.

To me Cismigiu Park is the loveliest park I've come across in eastern Europe. It has a romantic atmosphere and a bit of a fairy-tale feel, full of old trees and lovely ponds. The loads of benches look very charming and I love to read a book sitting in the shade during a warm spring day.

Being located just 100 m from my home in Bucharest, I spend many hours there no matter summer or winter.
me iceskating
westwind57 says:
Isn't it ironic? We are all on this site to share the travels and experiences far away, and sometimes beautiful things are just on our doorstep. I like this whole blog and the way you tell about it :)
Posted on: Jun 24, 2012
ramit says:
Whenever I make it to Bucharest ... promise me that you'll take me around Vio ... :)))
Posted on: Apr 27, 2012
spocklogic says:
A nice companion piece to go with your journal "Canal d`Amour" in Corfu, Greece. What a nice place to live near (I guess when you lived there) and quite charming. How does one pronounce Cişmigiu? I know Romanian and Italian are close, but not sure how to enunciate it.
Posted on: Feb 23, 2012
tinker_bell tinker_b…
Cismigiu Gardens (Gradina Cismigiu) Nov 30, 2010
Cismigiu is located close to University Square, on Queen Elizabeth Boulevard, across the street from Bucharest's City Hall

The main entrance is from Regina Elisabeta Boulevard, in front of the City Hall; there is another major entrance at the Ştirbei Vodă Street, near the Creţulescu Palace. The southwestern corner of the park is adjacent to the Gheorghe Lazăr High School.
Daive says: