Cima Clinic

cima-clinic.com - +51 84 201333

Cima Clinic Urubamba Reviews

starship1 starship1
Cima Clinic ~ Excellent Care Given Apr 17, 2014
As I get older, one of the things I fear when traveling abroad is becoming very ill or getting seriously injured. The following information is to reassure you in the event that you might need medical facilities are available.

A couple of days after arriving in the Sacred Valley, one morning I got up feeling very ill -- ill enough to require medical attention. We were in the middle of a 4-night stay at the Aranwa Sacred Valley Hotel and Wellness. Even though the kind hotel staff brought oxygen for me, my illness was more than just about the altitude! After asking permission, the hotel staff called a doctor who, along with a nurse, came to my room and determined that I needed to be admitted to the local clinic. The doctor and nurse communicated quite well in English with no problem in communicating medical terms.

I was transported for the 20-minute ride to Cima Clinic - Centro Médico en Urubamba, the "Nuestro centro médico en el Valle Sagrado de los Incas" (though by Doctor's regular car and not ambulance). The doctor and nursing staff were very professional and I felt very well cared for! The clinic was housed in what may once have been an old estancia -- entrance to the clinic was gained through a walled compound and through a sizable main gate. The clinic/hospital rooms each opened separately into a central courtyard. Several nurses and 2 doctors began to treat me immediately upon my arrival so that they could administer IV fluids, antibiotics, etc., and I stayed in the clinic for almost an entire day. During the time here, the staff kindly made us a wonderful, fresh soup and although I wasn't really up to eating more than a few spoonfuls, my husband did and the soup was delicious. After my excellent treatment here, the next day I felt very much better (which I felt so grateful for otherwise I would have missed the next day's excursion to Machu Picchu!) They also dispensed additional medications for me to take during the remainder of our time in Peru alleviating the need to visit a pharmacy somewhere else.

If you become ill, do not hesitate to use this clinic! This is a 24-hr. emergency clinic.

Though I had both travel insurance and personal medical insurance, we paid the bill here with a credit card. The clinic issued a very detailed, well itemized list of charges which I was able to use to file for reimbursement from our insurance company once we returned home, and I encountered no problems with this. The entire cost including transportation, doctors' charges, treatment, medicines, etc., was a little over US $500 --- in the US, the bill would no doubt have been several thousand!
Flowers from the Aranwa Hotel staf…

Check Urubamba Hotel Deals