Cielito Lindo

954-782-1600

Cielito Lindo Pompano Beach Reviews

jdsgos jdsgos
Feb 26, 2008
Okay I am taking a break from my BBQ write ups. This time I am writing about my second favorite type of food. And that would be tex-mex or mexican. Now I am sure there are a ton of good tex-mex places in South Florida and everyone will have their own favorite. And there are much fancier places too.

But Cielito Lindo is pretty damn good. Its been rated the best Mexican place for four years straight (can't remember the exact publication). So I guess that says something. It was opened in 1985 by a little old man that moved here from Mexico. And its been great every since.

You get the best deals if you go there for lunch. For what you are paying you can't beat the deal. First off you get unlimited chips and salsa to start. The chips are fried fresh every day and there are two kinds of salsa that comes with them. One is the mild salsa, which is okay. And the second is a little hotter in flavor, which is pretty good. Also, if you order the lunch special - you get a bowl of soup too. If you're lucky, you'll get the chicken and rice soup, which is to die for. Or you'll get the cream of mushroom soup, which is pretty good too.

Every time my sister and I come here, we always get the same thing. We start off with either the crab nachos platter or the nachos platter, which has four of each kind of nachos (chicken, crab, beef, and beans). By the way, the crab nachos are made with real lump crab meat, not that fake tube like stuff. While we're waiting we are munching on all that chips and salsa too. Then comes our bowl of soup...yummo!!!! Then she gets her roasted pork. The roasted pork is served with black beans and rice, sweet plantains, sauteed onions, and topped with a mild garlic sauce. Me, I ALWAYS get the carne asada. Which is a broiled skirt steak that comes with a cheese enchilda, guacamole, yellow rice and refried beans. And no, we never finish our portions. We always end up leaving with doggie bags. If we skipped the nachos platter, we might be able to finish it all. Did I mention that my order is only $10? Thats right, I get all that plus chips and salsa and soup for $10 - you can't beat that.

The place might not look too fancy. Its located at an intersection in pretty much an industrial part of town, but the food more then makes up for it. At dinner time, the prices are average for South Florida, but you also get a bigger selection to choose from. All of which are pretty good. Truth be told, I haven't had a bad meal there in about 20 years. God, I hope that doesn't say too much about my age :-)
ashleynpearson says:
I love Mexican food! I'll have to try Cielito Lindo sometime!
Posted on: Feb 27, 2008